Soldier tells how it really is in Iraq.

6753147]My previous post would suggest you are right but we do have the power. The masses have fought against the ruling elite before and won.[/b] There's no reason to suggest it won't happen again. It's just that at the moment many are afraid of losing their comforts.

And not without a massive amount of bloodshed involved. The Boleshevik revolution as prime example and it invariably happens that those who are figureheads in overthrowing the existing elite always end up looking exactly like, if not worse than the elite they deposed.

And not without a massive amount of bloodshed involved. The Boleshevik revolution as prime example and it invariably happens that those who are figureheads in overthrowing the existing elite always end up looking exactly like, if not worse than the elite they deposed.

Ain't that the truth.

Personally, I think he hit the nail firmly on the head. Powerful stuff.

Do you think he's right?

I think it's a load of BS. How do you know he was a soldier for a start, or even if he was, served in Iraq? people are thick enough to believe everything they see and are told.

Looking at the video, it is clearly edited to some anti western rhetoric and is largely disjointed in places, even his lips are out of sync. The kid doesn't even look like an American to me, but let's work on the assumption he is. He is quite clearly a warped individual and is just trying to shape your opinions through some freely available mass media outlet, which because of content size, it very difficult to moderate effectively. Very poor, he wouldn't fool anyone with half an ounce of common sense, unless they are already dispositioned to believe that type of rubbish.

And that's why I find these keyboard revolutionaries such a naive amusing lot.

No doubt many of them fantasize about becoming members of the new elite themselves :D

All it does is shift responsibility from one governing body onto another...it's cyclical depending on who wants what or who's prepared to take what they want. You, I and loved ones are just pawns I'm afraid ready to be led to the slaughter house.

If the new elite is about eliminating misery...count me in, but more than likely it's just the same old < >.

Off to hug me tree now.

Of course there was a massive amount of bloodshed, all wars/uprisings/revolutions require people to die for what they believe. The key to it all is are you going to shed blood for your beliefs/principles or someone else's.

I think it's a load of BS. How do you know he was a soldier for a start, or even if he was, served in Iraq? people are thick enough to believe everything they see and are told.

Looking at the video, it is clearly edited to some anti western rhetoric and is largely disjointed in places, even his lips are out of sync. The kid doesn't even look like an American to me, but let's work on the assumption he is. He is quite clearly a warped individual and is just trying to shape your opinions through some freely available mass media outlet, which because of content size, it very difficult to moderate effectively. Very poor, he wouldn't fool anyone with half an ounce of common sense, unless they are already dispositioned to believe that type of rubbish.

You assume the man in the video posted the video himself. I agree it was edited to give the speech more gravitas but that's just how the current generation works. A warped individual? How do you come to that conclusion?

Here. I believe it's the original footage.

Archived