Equal Unemployment - Multiculturalism at its best?

Positive discrimination due to positive action (essentially the same thing), increases the perception of immigration.

..that's like saying having a verucca increases the perception of having feet, but you wouldn't chop your feet off to get rid of it.

The beneficiaries of 'positive action' in the work place are far more likely to be British citizens, than they are immigrants.

Sorry must have misread the thread, it is a point though i know people from many different backgrounds and the general jist i get is people are sick of the country getting took over by people who just seem to be hear to try there luck.

Its not fair on England a country so small.

I suggest you widen your circle of friends as I have the opposite reaction from the people I know. They can't see why a certain section of the population have this hang up about other races living here. Their perception is that there are a lot of red neck racists living among us.

I suggest you widen your circle of friends as I have the opposite reaction from the people I know. They can't see why a certain section of the population have this hang up about other races living here. Their perception is that there are a lot of red neck racists living among us.

I don't think it's that atall, Englsih people probably look at the problems they are facing themselves and wonder why we are bending over backwards to help other countries.

Theres thousands if not millions who secretly don't want an infulx of foreigners turning up, they just either don't dare bring the point up or are fed up with the whole thing and have given up.

Lets be right how can people get at people on benefits when there seeing people from other countries walk straight into our place of birth and get a house, school for there kids, immense cars in some cases, jobs, then we have all our own people on there arse?

I don't think it's that atall, Englsih people probably look at the problems they are facing themselves and wonder why we are bending over backwards to help other countries.

I think you should change that to "redneck racist English people" as most people, in my experience, are willing to help those less fortunate irrespective of their race, creed or colour.

..that's like saying having a verucca increases the perception of having feet, but you wouldn't chop your feet off to get rid of it.

The beneficiaries of 'positive action' in the work place are far more likely to be British citizens, than they are immigrants.

I visit many firms during my travels and places like Bassets and Fletchers have high numbers of Polish workers who now get all the overtime perks because the chargehands are themselves Polish, good old English dont even get a look in. This situation is replicated right throughout the country.

Not really, more like verrucae caught by walking on moist communal areas, increase the likelihood of people noticing verrucae.

You wouldn't ignore the verruca would you?

And if this thread ain't about immigrants why do you compare positive discrimination of immigrants, opposed to BME.

I visit many firms during my travels and places like Bassets and Fletchers have high numbers of Polish workers who now get all the overtime perks because the chargehands are themselves Polish, good old English dont even get a look in. This situation is replicated right throughout the country.

..and guess what AJ, that's an illegal work practice, just as it would be if an English employer favoured indigenous workers over equally qualified/skilled immigrant workers, nobody's celebrating that kind of behaviour, apart from the Polish perhaps.

Archived