Equal Unemployment - Multiculturalism at its best?

Not really, more like verrucae caught by walking on moist communal areas, increase the likelihood of people noticing verrucae.

You wouldn't ignore the verruca would you?

No, I wouldn't ignore a verruca, but I wouldn't make a big deal out of it either, the verruca incidentally could be the feckless immigrant as much as it could be the xenophobic native, both are as bad for the future of this country as the other.

And if this thread ain't about immigrants why do you compare positive discrimination of immigrants, opposed to BME.

..because I was responding to Corkers and yourself who had already made the connection.

Positive discrimination is encouraged in organisations and companies which employ others.

However I've yet to see positive discrimination favouring non BME people.

Such policies will lead to equal unemployment wrt to the White English and BME population.

At that point we will have a multiculturally-unemployed society. In the sense of WE and BME communities (although the subdivided BME categories will no doubt contain higher and lower levels of unemployment wrt race). I presume positive discrimination will then be outlawed.

I have a point about posting etiquette here. If you're going to use abbreviations that not everyone is familiar with then you should spell them out longhand first. I have no idea what BME means, although you were considerate enough to explain WE as White English.

I have a point about posting etiquette here. If you're going to use abbreviations that not everyone is familiar with then you should spell them out longhand first. I have no idea what BME means, although you were considerate enough to explain WE as White English.

Glad you pointed that out. Although I do know what BME stands for, I don't have a clue what "wrt" means in the original post. :confused:

Glad you pointed that out. Although I do know what BME stands for, I don't have a clue what "wrt" means in the original post. :confused:

I asked (politely, and showing I'd tried to find out by myself) what BME means at post #8.

I'd think wrt was used as 'with regard to'.

Sorry must have misread the thread, it is a point though i know people from many different backgrounds and the general jist i get is people are sick of the country getting took over by people who just seem to be hear to try there luck.

Its not fair on England a country so small.

Sorry Corkers. I'll bugger off back to Ireland and take your nannan back to Glasgow on the way :D

BME = Black & Minority Ethnic. Pretty widely used term in the media nowadays, I'm surprised you hadn't heard it before. However, I agree that we need to give explanations when we use abbreviated terms.

Can you cite some actual examples of where positive descrimination has been made or are they figments of your imagination?
It's common knowledge

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-406385/Police-force-admits-discriminating-white-recruits.html

http://www.personneltoday.com/articles/2007/05/01/40380/hr-director-backs-positive-discrimination-for-police.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1567274/Minority-officers-need-positive-discrimination.html

I have read articles on two or three different constabularies being successfully sued by white male candidates who have been refused Police entry in favour of less-qualified minority applicants.

My personal opinion is:

1. There is no such thing as positive discrimination / affirmative action - discrimination is always discrimination against someone.

2. Positive discrimination / affirmative action plays into the hands of the fill_in_the_blank-ists as they will then scream and shout that X only got the job because they are a fill_in_the_blank not because they can do the job.

The article states the police force involved were breaking the law, the white recruits who were discriminated against will have had recourse against them. Ps: One of the white recruits was paid £2500 in compensation.

..an article from 3 years ago of one HR Directors opinion, who acknowledged a change in the law would be required to facilitate positive discrimination.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1567274/Minority-officers-need-positive-discrimination.html

I have read articles on two or three different constabularies being successfully sued by white male candidates who have been refused Police entry in favour of less-qualified minority applicants.

Again, an opinion from 3 years ago offered by a police office in favour of a law change to facilitate positive discrimination, that change in the law hasn't happened.

So the only 'common knowledge' are instances of organisations breaking the law or individuals offering an opinion, which have no legal basis.

Archived