Equal Unemployment - Multiculturalism at its best?

The article states the police force involved were breaking the law, the white recruits who were discriminated against will have had recourse against them. Ps: One of the white recruits was paid £2500 in compensation.

..an article from 3 years ago of one HR Directors opinion, who acknowledged a change in the law would be required to facilitate positive discrimination.

Again, an opinion from 3 years ago offered by a police office in favour of a law change to facilitate positive discrimination, that change in the law hasn't happened.

So the only 'common knowledge' are instances of organisations breaking the law or individuals offering an opinion, which have no legal basis.

How very tiresome.

The point is that major publicly-funded organisations DID (and continue to) make recruiting decisions based on positive discrimination. The individuals wronged were able to bring about legal redress, but it happened, and still happens.

I was replying to Wednesday1's claim that postive dicrimination was a figment of the imagination, not inviting a pedant to take the argument elsewhere.

How very tiresome.

The point is that major publicly-funded organisations DID (and continue to) make recruiting decisions based on positive discrimination. The individuals wronged were able to bring about legal redress, but it happened, and still happens.

It also happens that non whites are also discriminated against in the work place, as are women and the disabled, it doesn't make any of it right-the tiresome fact is that discrimination is generally against the law, whoever is enacting it.

I was replying to Wednesday1's claim that postive dicrimination was a figment of the imagination, not inviting a pedant to take the argument elsewhere.

..and I was highlighting the spurious nature of your claim and the evidence you used to endorse it.

It also happens that non whites are also discriminated against in the work place, as are women and the disabled, it doesn't make any of it right-the tiresome fact is that discrimination is generally against the law, whoever is enacting it.

..and I was highlighting the spurious nature of your claim and the evidence you used to endorse it.

Police contabularies DID discriminate in favour of non-whites, whatever the legal outcome, so my claims were not spurious.

I think I'll leave you to enjoy being argumentative for the sake of it. I have work to do - you clearly have too much time on your hands.

Police contabularies DID discriminate in favour of non-whites, whatever the legal outcome, so my claims were not spurious.
They acted illegally, if you like I'll dredge up a plethora of examples where white males have been illegally discriminated in favour of at the expense of women, the disabled or non whites, but I don't believe that's the purpose of the thread.

They acted illegally, if you like I'll dredge up a plethora of examples where white males have been illegally discriminated in favour of at the expense of women, the disabled or non whites, but I don't believe that's the purpose of the thread.

There's a thread on the forum which offers free training to certain people..

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=653132

BME's get the training just for being BME, which is funded by the UK and EU.

For jobs which will require said training.

It's racist.

It's racist.

Did you not notice that the train was open to white people?

BME = Black & Minority Ethnic. Pretty widely used term in the media nowadays, I'm surprised you hadn't heard it before. However, I agree that we need to give explanations when we use abbreviated terms.

I'm not familiar with this term - thank you for the elucidation.

It's racist.

I dont know how you arrive at that conclusion that's it's racist, these are the groups who are eligible for the training:

you must be over 19 and either: claiming JSA for over 6 months, claiming ESA or SDA, a lone parent, black minority ethnic group or an ex offender

So anyone that fulfils any of the criteria qualifies for the training, and looking at the groups eligible they tend to be disadvantaged in society, so it's obvious why they're being targeted. If you want to claim it's racist you could also claim it ageist and discriminates against people in work, two parent families, people who aren't on benefits and people who haven't been in trouble with the police.

Archived