As a man I am sick of being discriminated against with insurance

I just looked at a insurance quote online for a car... as a man they wanted the cheapest quote was £1800 per year.

I then went back and kept EVERYTHING THE SAME except the gender which i changed from male to female... instantly the lowest quote became £1000 per year.

This is wrong... so so so wrong.

I know that "young men" are more likely to crash than women... but why is that? its more to do with individual drivers attitudes and actions, than to the fact i have a penis.

Everyone should be treated as individuals, when you get your license you should have a clean slate with insurance companies, everyone pays the same rate, then if you claim or get speeding tickets etc... the rate goes up, if you dont claim... it goes down every year, that is fair.

Why should i as a man be punished because some stupid idiot young guys like to drive around fast showing off? Why should i be put in the same category as them just because i have a penis?

If black drivers are more likely to crash than asian drivers... would it be right to automatically charge black drivers higher premiums? If not... then why can you discriminate based on gender but not skin colour?

The whole system is a joke... is it any wonder so many young men drive around without any insurance at all... a lot of people work hard, they leave school, get jobs, work their arses off, buy a car, then get ass raped by insurance companies just for been young and male... leaving them worse off than a woman in the same situation.

Its wrong... anyone who says otherwise is an idiot. Or a feminist... or a bigot... or a racist!!!!

I just looked at a insurance quote online for a car... as a man they wanted the cheapest quote was £1800 per year.

I then went back and kept EVERYTHING THE SAME except the gender which i changed from male to female... instantly the lowest quote became £1000 per year.

I know that "young men" are more likely to crash than women... but why is that? its more to do with individual drivers attitudes and actions, than to the fact i have a penis.

Everyone should be treated as individuals, when you get your license you should have a clean slate with insurance companies, everyone pays the same rate, then if you claim or get speeding tickets etc... the rate goes up, if you dont claim... it goes down every year, that is fair.

Why should i as a man be punished because some stupid idiot young guys like to drive around fast showing off? Why should i be put in the same category as them just because i have a penis?

If black drivers are more likely to crash than asian drivers... would it be right to automatically charge black drivers higher premiums? If not... then why can you discriminate based on gender but not skin colour?

The whole system is a joke... is it any wonder so many young men drive around without any insurance at all... a lot of people work hard, they leave school, get jobs, work their arses off, buy a car, then get ass raped by insurance companies just for been young and male... leaving them worse off than a woman in the same situation.

Its wrong... anyone who says otherwise is an idiot. Or a feminist... or a bigot... or a racist!!!!

It might be less to do with "having", than "being"

Just a thought, based upon your rant.

I got fully comp for a 2007 Porsche 911 Carrera turbo with the other half as a named driver and I only have 3 years no claims for less than that, and that is an extension of my penis, the car that is and not my other half (well maybe later).

I know that "young men" are more likely to crash than women...

Which is why your insurance premiums are higher.

Same as if you live in an area of high car crime - regardless of your gender.

Same as if you don't have a drive but have to park on the road - regardless of gender.

I got fully comp for a 2007 Porsche 911 Carrera turbo with the other half as a named driver and I only have 3 years no claims for less than that, and that is an extension of my penis, the car that is and not my other half (well maybe later).

Bet you were just waiting for this thread to pop up...:hihi::hihi::hihi:

To the op. Get a sex change..it's cheaper.

It is because they DO treat you as any individual that your premium is higher, and not some random amount.

Being a man means you are at great risk of making a claim, as does living in a certain area, being young, driving a more powerful car, having a certain type of job and whether or not you have had an accident in the past.

Archived