As a man I am sick of being discriminated against with insurance

You should have pointed out was that you can drive a car without insurance perfectly legally - you can deposit 500k as surety instead of taking out insurance.

It almost annoys me when people claim that X is a tax when it clearly isn't, the worst one is "the national lottery is a tax on the poor".

Is it only 500k? As I said in another thread that seems very low when you look at some of the major traffic accidents (Great Heck for example)

tbh I'm not sure of the amount, was really just making the point that you can own a car and not have insurance, hence the argument that it is forced on you and is therefore a tax is wrong.

I would actually guess it is £1million, because "Road Traffic Act Only " Insurance has to cover 1m third party.

edit: Guess not:

That's interesting..wonder what would have happened in the case of the Great Heck accident if the driver of the car involved had done this..where would all the damages have been paid from?

That's interesting..wonder what would have happened in the case of the Great Heck accident if the driver of the car involved had done this..where would all the damages have been paid from?

No doubt they'd be able to pay them back at £10 per week! :)

Archived