Benefits to be capped at £26,000 per family

Capped benefits  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Capped benefits

• Good
    • Bad

I think benefits should be as follows:-

1 or 2 parents with more than 2 children (capped at 2 children) should only get benefits which are less than the lowest paid familys who then have to claim working family tax credit to top up there money.

Housing benefits and council tax rebate should only be awarded to families who after they have paid there rent etc fall below a family who are claiming full benefits and do not work.

I hope I have explained this correctly cos saying it and putting it down in this message sounded completly different! :)

£26,000 a year is still way too high! The maximum amount anyone can claim in benefits should be capped at around £10,000. Many full time jobs in Sheffield pay as little as £15,000 so where's the incentive to work when you get given £26,000 to sit on your backside at home all day?

If you live in Sheffield, you don't. Housing costs are far, far lower here than in the south of England - particularly London.

The UK could have supported itself in the global economy in much the same way Japan has done for the last fifty years.

But Japanese politicians understand that the economy must serve the needs of the people, and not the other way round as practiced by British politicians.

Japan is practically bankrupt, and not much better off than Greece.

£26,000 a year is still way too high! The maximum amount anyone can claim in benefits should be capped at around £10,000. Many full time jobs in Sheffield pay as little as £15,000 so where's the incentive to work when you get given £26,000 to sit on your backside at home all day?

It's a cap per family, not individual and it's a maximum not a target.

So a family of two working adults on the 15k salary are already better off than the maximum amount of benefit they could claim.

It's a cap per family, not individual and it's a maximum not a target.

So a family of two working adults on the 15k salary are already better off than the maximum amount of benefit they could claim.

Not by much when you take off tax and NI

I think any family should be able to live on 26K a year, and many do.

But I also think this gives the idea that all people living on benefits are getting at least

26K, and that's far from the truth,

many are really struggling on a good deal less.

Archived