Benefits to be capped at £26,000 per family

Capped benefits  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Capped benefits

• Good
    • Bad

The fact of the matter is that where children are involved the Government will always put the children first - if they don't and the parents havn't the money to look after them then they may be taken into care which could cost more.

long long overdue,the trouble is the cap is set far too high at £26,000,how many people in this part of the woods earn that kind of salary?no it should be set at around £15,000.

If you are going to encourage the lazy to get off their arse we cant go round giving them £500 per wk in benefits.

It's about time someone grasped the issue of the out of control welfare state.

Too much being paid in benefits, and a system that is overcomplicated; resulting in far higher staffing numbers.

I'd take this one stage further and pay all benefits on a 'pre-paid' debit card system.

Restrict the use of the card to essential items, no ciggies, no booze, no lottery, no boob jobs, no 60" plasma TV's, not accepted by travel agents, only to be used for own brand items.

Linked to EPOS systems, restricted items could be flagged up as they are scanned through the checkouts. Make sure any retailer accepting payments for 'off the list' items is punished / fined.

It's about time someone grasped the issue of the out of control welfare state.

Too much being paid in benefits, and a system that is overcomplicated; resulting in far higher staffing numbers.

I'd take this one stage further and pay all benefits on a 'pre-paid' debit card system.

Restrict the use of the card to essential items, no ciggies, no booze, no lottery, no boob jobs, no 60" plasma TV's, not accepted by travel agents, only to be used for own brand items.

Linked to EPOS systems, restricted items could be flagged up as they are scanned through the checkouts. Make sure any retailer accepting payments for 'off the list' items is punished / fined.

Thats how it should be I agree,thank god we have a goverment now that is taking this issue on,if the last lot were still in power it would just have carried on.

example 1: we have a car, we go out for a drink once a week, we have a holiday abroad.

example 2: someone we know has a car, they go out for a drink, they have a holiday abroad.

So, a lot in common there EXCEPT we work our butts off while they sit around on their fat arses all day at everybody else's expense.

How fair is that? Of course it should be capped!

They do own-brand large-ish plasma/LCD TVs these days, you know ;)

And, after the groceries, then finance, then insurance and now legal services, I wouldn't bet against own brand cosmetic surgery coming to a supermarket near you in the next few years :D

Jokes aside, sound approach...

...but which may well play havoc with most supermarkets' stocking/reordering systems (not to mention their bottom line), as people with Benefit Maestros continually leave mountains of stuff at the tills. So you can expect the majors to lobby against that one. But hey, no pain no gain I suppose.

They do own-brand large-ish plasma/LCD TVs these days, you know ;)

And, after the groceries, then finance, then insurance and now legal services, I wouldn't bet against own brand cosmetic surgery coming to a supermarket near you in the next few years :D

Jokes aside, sound approach...

...but which may well play havoc with most supermarkets' stocking/reordering systems (not to mention their bottom line), as people with Benefit Maestros continually leave mountains of stuff at the tills. So you can expect the majors to lobby against that one. But hey, no pain no gain I suppose.

I thought that the NHS was already own brand :D

Actually though boob enhancements via Netto isn't such a bad idea. Take a few netto carrier bags, melt them down and hey presto, you can carry a Netto (other low price supermarkets are available) carrier bag without shame. :hihi:

As for the mountan of abandoned premium goods at supermarket tills; we could get the claimants to re-stock the shelves with it in return for their benefit payments... you could even pay them a bonus in B&H for the quickest stacker.

long long overdue,the trouble is the cap is set far too high at £26,000,how many people in this part of the woods earn that kind of salary?no it should be set at around £15,000.

If you are going to encourage the lazy to get off their arse we cant go round giving them £500 per wk in benefits.

Most.

The average wage in Sheffield is over 20k, and this is a cap per family, not per individual. The average family income in Sheffield is probably over 30k.

Some of life's great theoreticians on here wail that there is no such thing as the undeserving poor. Most people of a balanced view would conclude a house with 2 or 3 generations of workles people are undeserving. That means decades of doing nothing even during the boom from 93 to 2007.

Secondly and more obviously if a person or couple who never work or work for peanuts keep having children knowing Auntie State is going to pay for everything they are undeserving. No work should mean no kids and low pay should mean one kid and no further benefits. These people hold society to emotional ransom since no one wants Dickensian Britain to return so we are forced to pay for them.

Vouchers for everything after a year. But it's degrading! No, the welfare state is a stepping stone. Anyone who uses it as a way of life deserves to be degraded. It is also impossible to degrade shameless people who say "I don't care wot anyone finks of me, I'm entitled innit?!".

It is true that bankers are the cause of Britains financial woes but I see rich parasites and gin alley parasites as two sides of the same coin, tunnel visioned and selfish holding the mass of 'working stiffs' to ransom.

Archived