Benefits to be capped at £26,000 per family

Capped benefits  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Capped benefits

• Good
    • Bad

Why do you? If someone is lacking personal responsibility to the level where they have multiple children they can't afford then why should the state pay them? Worst case, the children should be put in care.

Have you thought that out,

Children in care cost the taxpayer an average of £2,500 per child, per week-more than four times what it would cost to send a child to Eton.

http://www.fassit.co.uk/

The fact Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit is included in the cap is plain nasty. It is a compensation scheme for industrial injuries, not a benefit. I guess compensation lawyers will be rubbing their hands with glee as it imposes a need to litigate to get redress for an injury at work. All those on it already that didn't litigate because of its existence will be furious with this.

agree with that, IIDB is usually correctly applied after medical checks and to people who have suffered due to work through no fault of their own.

agree with that, IIDB is usually correctly applied after medical checks and to people who have suffered due to work through no fault of their own.

Most illnesses and disabilities aren't the fault of the person who has them. So I don't understand why someone who had an accident at work and is subsequently unable to work would need more money than someone else with the same disability that was caused in a different way.

What has personal responsibility got to do with losing your job? or being a victim of an accident at work?

Put the children in care - yeah what a way to invest in our futures. I guess if we want to mirror the economy of India we should follow their systems.... creating street children will add so much to the Country!

So don't put them in care and cap the benefits. The state should not provide an endless stream of money no matter what circumstances someone is in. It's a safety net, not a way of life.

Most illnesses and disabilities aren't the fault of the person who has them. So I don't understand why someone who had an accident at work and is subsequently unable to work would need more money than someone else with the same disability that was caused in a different way.

The point - at least, I think the point they're trying to make is that Disability Living Allowance will not be included in that limit - why, then, should IIDB count towards it?

Whether it's a valid point I don't know, since I know next to nothing about IIDB and how it works.

What would you prefer? That they drown the babies at birth so that they won't have to pay for them?

It can't be all ways.

We can't not put them in care because it's too expensive, not cap benefits because it harms the children and complain that something should be done because clearly it isn't right.

It's OT on the issue of capping benefits in general (although I got here because chemist said you have to take the size of the family into account, which is no longer a cap on a family at all). Maybe child benefit should be on a sliding scale, you get less for every child than the one before.

Archived