Benefits to be capped at £26,000 per family

Capped benefits  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Capped benefits

• Good
    • Bad

The point - at least, I think the point they're trying to make is that Disability Living Allowance will not be included in that limit - why, then, should IIDB count towards it?

Whether it's a valid point I don't know, since I know next to nothing about IIDB and how it works.

Similarly Employment and Support Allowance is also included in the cap.

So don't put them in care and cap the benefits. The state should not provide an endless stream of money no matter what circumstances someone is in. It's a safety net, not a way of life.

The state never has provided an endless stream of money to people on benefits.... :rolleyes:

I can live with that. ESA is merely for people who can't work; those who are actually disabled will still get DLA on top of any cap.

'Merely' ? in the context of whether there is a moral duty for the state to provide support; inability to work would appear to be uncontentious

Each benefit has its own cap.

Child benefit has no cap. If you end up with twenty-seven children you'd be drawing £19,000 a year in child benefit alone.

Housing benefit is uncapped in theory, although local boroughs now set a maximum; but in places like Mayfair, that maximum is astronomically high.

Mortgage relief was never capped, but I don't know if it still exists or not.

The state never has provided an endless stream of money to people on benefits.... :rolleyes:

Roll your eyes as much as you like but that is exactly what it does. Perhaps you can be more specific about what it doesn't provide rather than chucking in a completely inaccurate statement?

Archived