York and lancs regiment

I didn't give any examples....

But there are precedents..

" In 1962 the graves of two German airmen were exhumed to the German War Cemetery in Cannock Chase, Staffordshire."

From here

That's two graves from a proper existing cemetery to a war cemetery..very much like what the OP wants to do..

I was referring to bassman's post.

Here is an official outline on obtaining permission to exhume.

Exhumations occur for a number of reasons, including:

Movement from the original grave to a subsequently acquired family plot in the same or other cemetery;

Repatriation overseas to be buried along with other family;

Change from burial to cremation as mode of disposal;

Transfer from one cemetery scheduled for development to another; or

Coroners orders requiring forensic examination.

Requirements

It is an offence to disturb any buried human remains without first obtaining the necessary lawful permissions. The law prohibiting disturbance applies to both full coffin burials and burials of cremated remains. Funeral directors or the local cemetery office can help in obtaining the necessary paperwork.

A licence must be obtained from the Department for Constitutional Affairs. Exhumation licences must be applied for on the official Home Office form, and are free of charge. Exhumation licences contain certain conditions that have to be observed.

If the person is buried in Consecrated grounds, permission from the church must also be obtained. Your local Diosecsan office will be able to provide details of how to apply for the necessary Faculty, and the relevant costs.

The permission of the owner of the grave must be gained, or, if the grave is unpurchased, the permission of the owners of the cemetery.

An Environmental Health Officer is normally present at the exhumation of a body to ensure that there is no threat to public health.

If the body is to be repatriated abroad cadaver certificates are required in addition to the exhumation licence.

Decency and Safety

An Environmental Health Officer will normally be present at the exhumation and supervises the event to ensure that respect for the deceased person is maintained and that public health is protected. Cemetery staff will ensure that:

The correct grave is opened,

The exhumation commences as early as possible in the morning to ensure maximum privacy,

The plot is screened as appropriate for privacy,

Health and safety of all workers is maintained e.g. protective clothing including masks and gloves, task lights and all other necessary equipment,

Everyone present shows due respect to the deceased person and to adjoining graves,

The nameplate on the casket corresponds to that on the licence,

The new casket has been approved by the Environmental Health Officer,

All human remains and all the pieces of casket are placed in the new casket,

The new casket is properly sealed,

The area of exhumation is properly disinfected, and

Satisfactory arrangements are in place for the onward transmission of the remains.

If the conditions of the licence cannot be met, or there are public health or decency concerns, the exhumation may not proceed.

I was referring to bassman's post.

Here is an official outline on obtaining permission to exhume.

Exhumations occur for a number of reasons, including:

Movement from the original grave to a subsequently acquired family plot in the same or other cemetery;

Repatriation overseas to be buried along with other family;

Change from burial to cremation as mode of disposal;

Transfer from one cemetery scheduled for development to another; or

Coroners orders requiring forensic examination.

Requirements

It is an offence to disturb any buried human remains without first obtaining the necessary lawful permissions. The law prohibiting disturbance applies to both full coffin burials and burials of cremated remains. Funeral directors or the local cemetery office can help in obtaining the necessary paperwork.

A licence must be obtained from the Department for Constitutional Affairs. Exhumation licences must be applied for on the official Home Office form, and are free of charge. Exhumation licences contain certain conditions that have to be observed.

If the person is buried in Consecrated grounds, permission from the church must also be obtained. Your local Diosecsan office will be able to provide details of how to apply for the necessary Faculty, and the relevant costs.

The permission of the owner of the grave must be gained, or, if the grave is unpurchased, the permission of the owners of the cemetery.

An Environmental Health Officer is normally present at the exhumation of a body to ensure that there is no threat to public health.

If the body is to be repatriated abroad cadaver certificates are required in addition to the exhumation licence

Decency and Safety

An Environmental Health Officer will normally be present at the exhumation and supervises the event to ensure that respect for the deceased person is maintained and that public health is protected. Cemetery staff will ensure that:

The correct grave is opened,

The exhumation commences as early as possible in the morning to ensure maximum privacy,

The plot is screened as appropriate for privacy,

Health and safety of all workers is maintained e.g. protective clothing including masks and gloves, task lights and all other necessary equipment,

Everyone present shows due respect to the deceased person and to adjoining graves,

The nameplate on the casket corresponds to that on the licence,

The new casket has been approved by the Environmental Health Officer,

All human remains and all the pieces of casket are placed in the new casket,

The new casket is properly sealed,

The area of exhumation is properly disinfected, and

Satisfactory arrangements are in place for the onward transmission of the remains.

If the conditions of the licence cannot be met, or there are public health or decency concerns, the exhumation may not proceed.

How does any of that stop someone applying for reburial?

How does any of that stop someone applying for reburial?

It doesn't, however, as we keep saying, it won't be an easy task. They don't exhume bodies for the sake of it and there are many hoops to jump through to get an exhumation to take place.

If the OP want's to go ahead and do this, then fine.

It is not an oncommon thing for graves to be excavated, if you'd been around at the time of St Mary's (Bramhall Lane) Traffic island construction you'd have seen lots of graves unearthed, it wasn't dome willy nilly by navvies, as with the recent mass war graves unearthed in France it is done with care and dignity.

I know exactly how it's done thank you.

If you were around during the removal of the graves at the front of Sheffield Cathedral for the tramway you'd have witnessed something pretty undignified, but that's irrelevant to this situation.

Whether or not it is done with care and dignity, it is an extremely invasive and destructive procedure which is why it is only done when strictly necessary.

Graves are only moved under the circumstances Agent Orange has described. It is unethical to disturb human remains unless they are under those circumstances. The Ministry of Justice/Diocese is almost certain to refuse permission to exhume this grave.

try 30 years and im still in, plus i said both iraq wars. plus im now a rupert, as for the rest, your just trying to insult me via a dead hero, wont work.

Lads, sarasen92, AKA Dave is full of it. Complete walter mitty and liar of biblical proportions. Both Iraq wars? Dream on you dirty pants on fire bluffer. Check out his downfall on the arrse website (cant post links due to the minimum of 5 posts before submitting URL rule). He posts under the name 'stackrock'

Lads, sarasen92, AKA Dave is full of it. Complete walter mitty and liar of biblical proportions. Both Iraq wars? Dream on you dirty pants on fire bluffer. Check out his downfall on the arrse website (cant post links due to the minimum of 5 posts before submitting URL rule). He posts under the name 'stackrock'

Interesting...:hihi:

Did you mean 'glamrock' ?

you are of course right. somthing stinks about this.

I think the aroma is the lies you've been telling about your army career Dave. You've been sussed you dirty fibber. "30 years in", would make you commissioned. Considering you write like a Somalian refugee using a head dobber, I'd wager you're drowning in your own BS.

I think the aroma is the lies you've been telling about your army career Dave. You've been sussed you dirty fibber. "30 years in", would make you commissioned. Considering you write like a Somalian refugee using a head dobber, I'd wager you're drowning in your own BS.

Yes, I have had the pleasure of Dave trying to contact me via facebook and can confirm that he is not a commissioned officer, let alone currently serving.

Not sure what lying will do to further this cause. People will be less sympathetic to him and his cause now the cat is out of the bag.

I know exactly how it's done thank you.

If you were around during the removal of the graves at the front of Sheffield Cathedral for the tramway you'd have witnessed something pretty undignified, but that's irrelevant to this situation.

Whether or not it is done with care and dignity, it is an extremely invasive and destructive procedure which is why it is only done when strictly necessary.

Graves are only moved under the circumstances Agent Orange has described. It is unethical to disturb human remains unless they are under those circumstances. The Ministry of Justice/Diocese is almost certain to refuse permission to exhume this grave.

I would guess the removal of a grave civil or military would be pretty undignified especially if it was to make way for a tram.

I wonder what would be the outcry if our beloved Princess Diana was re- interred to make way for a tram. If people feel they have a personnel obligation then a simple bag with pruning shears really would suffice. In fact the attention would be greater than those already buried in a military cemetery tended by gardeners who indifferently run a mower over it once in a while..

And who are we to suggest a dead man or woman should be dug up and situated elsewhere?

Archived