York and lancs regiment

The money was there to take care of living servicemen, I guess. I don't suppose the trust was ever designed to look after the dead. I did ask in a previous post, have you or anyone else, for that matter, approached the trust about this subject?

Erm, as far as I was aware.... there are numerous funds available to servicemen. Notably, the Royal British Legion poppy appeal.

the money was there to look after members of the regiment. not some community project.

try and find the fund, google it. nothing. well hidden.

the legion raise funds and find funds from regiments.

the money was there to look after members of the regiment. not some community project.

try and find the fund, google it. nothing. well hidden.

the legion raise funds and find funds from regiments.

I am not sure where you are going with this. What is your problem, the fact that this grave is in a state of disrepair or the fact that the army have given this money, legitimately, to a local charity/trust?

If you really are army, then you would know exactly how to obtain information about this so-called trust and who to contact.

As far as I am aware the Yorks and Lancs were disbanded and not amalganated into another regiment and so there is no appropriate regimental depot.

The regimental colours will be located at a regimental chapel so perhaps his remains could be reburied at this church.

I am not sure where you are going with this. What is your problem, the fact that this grave is in a state of disrepair or the fact that the army have given this money, legitimately, to a local charity/trust?

If you really are army, then you would know exactly how to obtain information about this so-called trust and who to contact.

you dont understand the system.

where am i going with this?

the grave is in a disgusting state. he was a national hero.

the money was there to sort it, they, the trustees ignored it.

the army have nothing to do with the decision.

the trustees gave the money away because being trustees they make the rules.

you tried google then?

That's a sad situation. A Victori Cross winner should have been entitled to burial in St. Paul's cathedral or Westminster abbey.

[/b]

Or in Arlington in the US

Or at least provided with a proper grave and headstone,as Congressional Medal of Honour winners are.There is one in Manchester,scroll down to Phillip Baybutt.

http://www.acws.co.uk/archives/history/englishmen.htm

As far as I am aware the Yorks and Lancs were disbanded and not amalganated into another regiment and so there is no appropriate regimental depot.

The regimental colours will be located at a regimental chapel so perhaps his remains could be reburied at this church.

thats a good idea, ill look into it.

you dont understand the system.

where am i going with this?

the grave is in a disgusting state. he was a national hero.

the money was there to sort it, they, the trustees ignored it.

the army have nothing to do with the decision.

the trustees gave the money away because being trustees they make the rules.

you tried google then?

We are getting nowhere fast here. There is nothing you can do about the money that has been donated on behalf of the trustees. No point whinging about it as it will get you nowhere. Instead, why don't you get off your arse and do something constructive.

So, what is your obsession with this particular case? You do know there are other Sheffielders that got VCs so why aren't you harping on about them?

I believe the regimental colours are located at Rotherham Library, in the Yorks and Lancs museum. I could be wrong, but worth a look.

http://www.armymuseums.org.uk/museums/0000000150-York--Lancaster-Regiment-Museum.htm

We are getting nowhere fast here. There is nothing you can do about the money that has been donated on behalf of the trustees. No point whinging about it as it will get you nowhere. Instead, why don't you get off your arse and do something constructive.

So, what is your obsession with this particular case? You do know there are other Sheffielders that got VCs so why aren't you harping on about them?

here you go

http://www.chrishobbs.com/sheffieldvcs.htm

i am doing somthing constructive im informing the public.

all your doing is showing your lack of understanding and disrespect.

Archived