School children on strike

It's actually a good example of quite the opposite, there's no suggestion that they got what they wanted, in fact the headteacher said the group had a subsequently apologised to him and 2 pupils were arrested and excluded.

No, its a good example of be naughty and get what you like.

Good example of be naughty and get what you like. No wonder there is no respect in schools. Maybe they should just learn to do as they are told rather than thinking as pupils they can run the school. How schools have changed over the years. I thought the headmaster made the decisions. Obviously not.

i totally agree! How would they go on in the real world. If the dinner hour they are given at work doesn't suit them they are ok to just walk out! There are things we all dont like doing but we glum to do them. I agree with protesting but for this reason i do not.

Clearly, though, it was their belief that it would get them what they wanted. Thankfully it did not.

..it illustrates that being naughty doesn't achieve the objective, so if anything it at least it sends a message that such behaviour won't work in the future

..it illustrates that being naughty doesn't achieve the objective, so if anything it at least it sends a message that such behaviour won't work in the future

Indeed. It's worrying that the kids ever thought it would achieve their objective, but they've learnt that it didn't, so maybe they won't try it again.

Yes, their lunch hour is being tweaked to suit all.

I'm guessing you don't have anything to support that claim?

This was a statement from the headteacher-

"Mr Williams said in a statement the incident was "unfortunate for all concerned".

"The students at the centre of the protests contacted me this afternoon to apologise, recognising that the action of some of our students did not reflect their original intentions.

"Whilst we accept that some students might not support split lunch hours, it is a widely adopted practice in schools across the UK, not least because it allows for more efficient timetabling of classes and better management of the lunch break."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-11468635

I'm guessing you don't have anything to support that claim?

This was a statement from the headteacher-

"Mr Williams said in a statement the incident was "unfortunate for all concerned".

"The students at the centre of the protests contacted me this afternoon to apologise, recognising that the action of some of our students did not reflect their original intentions.

"Whilst we accept that some students might not support split lunch hours, it is a widely adopted practice in schools across the UK, not least because it allows for more efficient timetabling of classes and better management of the lunch break."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-11468635

Radio 5 live...about 15 minutes ago.

Archived