WRVS and their prices

How come most threads on sheffield forum descend into arguing!!

I agree with Wincey the prices are ridiculously high and the idea of taking your own food is stupid!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is it stupid? Surely it's dafter to pay,what you say are, high prices?

next time i go to hospital I'm going to take my Picnic basket and blanket and set up the floor of the waiting area

yes next time I will ask my child to give me notice before I rush to A&E. He needs to give me time to make sandwiches, get the picnic eggs and drinks together:D

Hi everyone. Just been with a relative to a Sheffield Hospital and during our wait there we went to the W.R.V.S. What's with the prices. It's so expensive. I thought they were a non profit money making organisation. Packet of crisp 50p and a chocolate bar 65p. Poor patients what rely on the W.R.V.S for provisions, they need a mortgage.

How do you know they're making any profit?

Why is it stupid? Surely it's dafter to pay,what you say are, high prices?

Its a stupid comment to make because if you are going to an outpatient appointment for what you think is only going to be for an hour would you still prepare a 3 course meal to take? And then when the clinic runs behind and you have been in the hospital 3 hours then you have to pay the high prices!!!!!!!!!!!

They aren't "non profit" in the sense that they sell everything at cost. They simply don't make profit for their shareholders, they use the money they earn for good deeds.

What good deeds are they then Ken? All the women who work in WRVS are all voluntary!

Its a stupid comment to make because if you are going to an outpatient appointment for what you think is only going to be for an hour would you still prepare a 3 course meal to take? And then when the clinic runs behind and you have been in the hospital 3 hours then you have to pay the high prices!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't have to pay anything...be prepared.....!!!! :)

Take this thread for example..Wincey says that the WRVS prices are too high..now we could all nod our heads and agree,end of thread, or we could start a conversation by saying that there are alternatives...maybe Wincey never thought of that and it may save her(?) money..who knows..?

I think you have read Wincey's post wrong, she in my opinion is simply getting it out there that the prices are stupidly high for a non-profit business, the prices are alot higher than a supermarkets prices, so surely there is no reason for the prices to be so high whatsoever.

And this suggestion of taking your own is just daft!

I think you have read Wincey's post wrong, she in my opinion is simply getting it out there that the prices are stupidly high for a non-profit business, the prices are alot higher than a supermarkets prices, so surely there is no reason for the prices to be so high whatsoever.

And this suggestion of taking your own is just daft!

Not as daft as complaining of being ripped off.. :) how much profit does the WRVS make at the hospital?

Archived