Cameron and his Crew blame everything on the past Goverment

Have you noticed that the last government handed over £1,000,000,000,000 of dept, a deficit between tax revenue and government spending of over £150,000,000,000 per year, £40,000,000,000 a year in interest payments on government debt and a public sector pensions deficit that was unsustainable?

It is perhaps worth the current government mentioning that occassionally as it attempts to pay some of that money back.

The current government hasn't (AFAIK) announced any plan to repay the debt.

Before they can think about repaying anything, they have to have a net income from which to make the repayments. To do that they have to stop borrowing and/or increase the size of the economy dramatically. The plan is to reduce borrowing over the next 5 years. - Not to stop it.

I understand that the total of the savings they intend to make over 5 years is £85 Billion. They will borrow (at current overspend rates) £750 Billion over 5 years. The interest over the 5-year period on the money they owe already (assuming they pay it every year) is £200 Billion. Presumably the new debt will come with new additional interest payments and if the creditors begin to lose faith, those interest payments will be at a higher rate.

I blame the Tories for everything, for they are to blame for everything that besets our country, and I am not a Labour Party member.

People of that opinion are slowly dying out though arty... literally. You're shouting and pretty much nobody is listening since the world has moved forward.

Have you noticed that the last government handed over £1,000,000,000,000 of dept, a deficit between tax revenue and government spending of over £150,000,000,000 per year, £40,000,000,000 a year in interest payments on government debt and a public sector pensions deficit that was unsustainable?

It is perhaps worth the current government mentioning that occassionally as it attempts to pay some of that money back.

All of that was however necessary and supported by the Tories at the time.. admittedly they were a bit inconsistent and on numerous occasions showed their understanding of economics was poor but in broad terms they supported the lack of regulation that caused the crisis and the bailout of the banks that created the debt.

The one thing I disagree with is the public sector pensions debt being unsustainable, I am surprised anyone is still peddling that nonsense after the Tories own think tank the OBR showed it was sustainable and predicted its costs not just being manageable but long term reducing.

All of that was however necessary and supported by the Tories at the time.. admittedly they were a bit inconsistent and on numerous occasions showed their understanding of economics was poor but in broad terms they supported the lack of regulation that caused the crisis and the bailout of the banks that created the debt.

The one thing I disagree with is the public sector pensions debt being unsustainable, I am surprised anyone is still peddling that nonsense after the Tories own think tank the OBR showed it was sustainable and predicted its costs not just being manageable but long term reducing.

I think you will find that we had a Labour Government and a Conservative Opposition for the last 13 years whilst this massive overspend and build up of debt occured. You can't go offloading responsibility for government policy and spending when they enjoyed a massive majority in government. I can't ever remember the Tories saying that spending 30% more than total tax revenue was a great idea. Even Gordon Brown preached about his 40% golden rule. It is just that the idiot didn't stick to it.

I think you will find that we had a Labour Government and a Conservative Opposition for the last 13 years whilst this massive overspend and build up of debt occured. You can't go offloading responsibility for government policy and spending when they enjoyed a massive majority in government. I can't ever remember the Tories saying that spending 30% more than total tax revenue was a great idea. Even Gordon Brown preached about his 40% golden rule. It is just that the idiot didn't stick to it.

He did stick to his rule, until bank bailouts that the Conservatives supported.

http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/downchart_ukgs.php?year=1990_2011&state=UK&view=1&expand=&units=p&fy=2010&chart=G0-total&bar=0&stack=1&size=m&color=c&title=

Whether events happened under Labour or not, it makes no sense to blame them for things A) that they didn't do and B) that those criticising them supported at the time anyway.

He did stick to his rule, until bank bailouts that the Conservatives supported.

http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/downchart_ukgs.php?year=1990_2011&state=UK&view=1&expand=&units=p&fy=2010&chart=G0-total&bar=0&stack=1&size=m&color=c&title=

Whether events happened under Labour or not, it makes no sense to blame them for things A) that they didn't do and B) that those criticising them supported at the time anyway.

So what you are saying is that Brown spent too much during the good times and left nothing in reserve for the rainy day that arrived and took him by surprise, and the tories didn't object to a lifeboat being sent out to resuce folk who were drowning following Brown's disaster.

Its either a golden rule or it isn't. You can't have a rule that you break the moment it becomes inconvenient. NO MORE BOOM AND BUST... Yeah dead right.

So what you are saying is that Brown spent too much during the good times and left nothing in reserve for the rainy day that arrived and took him by surprise, and the tories didn't object to a lifeboat being sent out to resuce folk who were drowning following Brown's disaster.

Its either a golden rule or it isn't. You can't have a rule that you break the moment it becomes inconvenient. NO MORE BOOM AND BUST... Yeah dead right.

Brown wasn't completely wrong, he had the boom, and then he handed another government the bust.

People of that opinion are slowly dying out though arty... literally. You're shouting and pretty much nobody is listening since the world has moved forward.

Backward, the World has moved backward, in every sense.

Humanity peaked sometime in the late sixties, and it is downhill from here on.

Give it 200 years and we will be back to the Dark Ages.

Archived