Here's an Idea!! Take all over 70s into care over the winter

Cressida [ post 37 ] Me, a national treasure ?? Did you know that some time ago, I was kidnapped by Chinese terrorists / The British Embassy in Beijing pleaded with Whitehall to pay for my release. The mean <REMOVED> offered 45 pence, top whack !! Luckily the Chinese terrorists couldn 't stand my cigarette smoke so they released me.

Incidentally, do you fancy being taken ' in care ' a deux ? We could spend many a happy hour chatting about flares, the Beatles, Little Richard, Humphrey Bogart or Marlene Dietrich. Personally they 're a bit too modern for my taste. Guy Mitchell, Frankie Lane and Gene Autrey are more my era. Still, it 's up to you, my dear. You youngsters always seem to know best ! TTFN,

Your ' Old ' friend, Fareast

Cressida [ post 37 ] Me, a national treasure ?? Did you know that some time ago, I was kidnapped by Chinese terrorists / The British Embassy in Beijing pleaded with Whitehall to pay for my release. The mean <REMOVED> offered 45 pence, top whack !! Luckily the Chinese terrorists couldn 't stand my cigarette smoke so they released me.

Incidentally, do you fancy being taken ' in care ' a deux ? We could spend many a happy hour chatting about flares, the Beatles, Little Richard, Humphrey Bogart or Marlene Dietrich. Personally they 're a bit too modern for my taste. Guy Mitchell, Frankie Lane and Gene Autrey are more my era. Still, it 's up to you, my dear. You youngsters always seem to know best ! TTFN,

Your ' Old ' friend, Fareast

Darling of course I would do anything to help, I can disguise myself as a septuagenarian - especially now the Poundshops are selling Halloween gear and we could have loads of fun, as you know I have a very vivid imagination and could think up all sorts of wild things and tricks for which you will have to take the blame:hihi::hihi:

Cressida ! Forsooth ! I dread to think what you might do with a long broomstick during those long, dark nights. However, I might be partial to a portion of your potions because rumour has it that your potions were once the talk of Tinsley Bottom ! [ And there is no higher accolade than THAT ! ].

Coming back to the mundane world of old age and poverty, do you really think we could

' get it together ' or ' let it all hang out ', as these young people put it. I know that by the time you actually reach 70 glorious years, I 'll probably be the oldest geezer in the world----but---we could easily get round that problem if you could shove me around in a wheelchair and use flash cards to communicate ? [ " Would you like another beer, Fareast ? I 'll pay again. " ].

So, think about it, Cressida and let me know your decision. Don 't ponder too long though ! I 've got my eye on an elderly lady from Rochdale [ ex-buffer girl ] and we may well tie the knot any time soon. I 've been fit to be tied for years now.

Sorry but my 80 year old mother won't have time in between - girl's lunch (fortnightly for the last 40+ years), art class, running the craft club, tuesday group, endless saga holidays, visiting family, taking elderly(?) friends to visit even more elderly friends, organising coffee at church, not to mention getting the best use out of the bus and rail pass (do you know you can go to Leeds for nothing?). Mind you she's slowed down a bit recently........

It's great your mother is still able to do all these things!:)

:hihi: I'm thinking the OP has a rather ... let's say, outmoded view, on people over 70.

I really don't have an outmoded view, I'm thinking of all the elderly that struggle through winter, no relatives to help or care for them :)

oh dear sunni,I wonder what you will be doing at 70,not riding a Harley round europe,looking after a big garden,not going out on long walks and I mean walks not a stroll down meadowhall,not doing keep fit every day or many other activities,but well done for setting a thread which makes people bite,perhaps when you are 70 fishing maybe the sport for you.

I have no idea what I will be doing when I am 70, hopefully I will be fit and active and able to enjoy life and have no worries about paing the gas bill. Unfortunatly some pensioners are ill, lonely, struggling to pay bills and have little social life. Lets look after the less able.:)

I don't know who you are but I know this much, my husband who was eighty last Sunday would be able to outwalk you out swim you and Definately out wit

you. Are you hoping to be dead before you reach 70.?

PS. we have been on hoilday this year = 4 weeks Portugal 2 weeks Majorca

and in December 2 weeks to the canary isles.

Perhaps you and your ilk could be rounded up and thrown somewhere ( to quote you )like a prison for good.

Oh dear I really seem to have offended you! I said like a prison, meaning that they have a hospital wing, social room, kitchens, bathrooms, Tv in cells...ect... why should prisoners be better taken care of! A great number of elderly people are struggling to meet bills and lonely during the winter months, not all are as able as you and your husband.

So, think about it, Cressida and let me know your decision. Don 't ponder too long though ! I 've got my eye on an elderly lady from Rochdale [ ex-buffer girl ] and we may well tie the knot any time soon. I 've been fit to be tied for years now.

:hihi::hihi:

Too bad about the elderly lady in Rochdale I've heard she's only allowed out on Halloween.:P

Broomsticks can be quite tittilating if you know how to handle them but I stick to the potions - they never know whats happened to them!;)

How about every year in October, when the weather starts turning colder and the nights start drawing in, we round up everyone aged over 70, take them to a purpose built facility ..ect...

There’s already a scheme like that in place its called a nursing home but as in the hotel california lyrics -

You can checkout any time you like,

But you can never leave!

Archived