Here's an Idea!! Take all over 70s into care over the winter

How about every year in October, when the weather starts turning colder and the nights start drawing in, we round up everyone aged over 70, take them to a purpose built facility (maybe something like a prison), and look after them until spring time? Now I know alot of people are going to think this an outrageous idea, but my thinking is, they will be warm, fed three meals a day, no bills to pay, company over christmas.. ..ect...

Although your idea was meant with good intention,choice of wording could have been better.

' Rounding Up everyone aged over 70 ' - makes them sound like cattle.

' Take them to a purpose built facility - something like a prison ' - many would probably feel as though they were in one, as many of the older generation are still quite active and like their bit of independence and living either with their partner or on their own in their own homes.

On leaving their homes to go in a purpose built facility - Security........who would look after their homes, as soon as it became common knowledge that homes had been vacated I'm sure they would be visited by yobs breaking in to steal whatever they could find to fund drug habits etc.

Was you idea just aimed at the older generation in Sheffield or around the country ?

There are quite a lot of people aged 70 and over......think of the size of a purpose built facility that would be needed to house them all........there's far too many people to implement the idea.

• 2 months later...

Archived