Disproving the Existence of God

You are very fervent in your disbelief aren't you Karis.

No, I'm just clarifying that disbelief is in NO WAY a form of faith.

Faith in your own abilities is utterly different to faith in a god / the existence of ghosts / the Easter Bunny...

Have you not read the bible? If not then you've also managed to miss this reference that milquetoast provided earlier in this thread.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=6782060#post6782060

Yes of course, if you're unable to rebut any part of it (the article that I linked to) which I haven't seen you (or anybody else) do yet.

If you wish to do that then we can take the conversation forward by pointing out whether your rebuttle is sound or not and if not, why not.

I don't think it's semantics to point out that an 'undefined not understood god' just happens to be a he. I don't think I've ever read a clearer example of an oxymoron.:hihi:

This reminds me a little of the caller here that asks; 'Who created the universe'?

Oh dear.:hihi: Would you like to explain the above extremely weak, if not non existent, analogy and justify this, 'invertebrates at the bottom of the sea with powers we don't understand'.

Oops.....looks like I've hit a sore point.:cool: (That obviously settles it then.:rolleyes:)

Do you believe this rubbish you post?

No, I'm just clarifying that disbelief is in NO WAY a form of faith.

Faith in your own abilities is utterly different to faith in a god / the existence of ghosts / the Easter Bunny...

Even so you are very fervent in telling people about your unbelief, showing in fact a missionary zeal.

fer·vent (fûrˈvənt)

adjective: Having or showing great emotion or zeal; ardent:

Let's not introduce more spurious analogies.

Let's keep the thread on topic (for once).

So keeping to people who are born innocent like Adam and Eve they soon become sinful (full of sin) by their own actions that only they decide to take.

I think we all have faith to a certain extent, even the atheist, the disbelief in a God is in of itself a manisfestation of faith, faith in no faith

When people try to call atheism a form of religion I like to use this quote; 'If atheism is a religion then health is a disease'. I don't know who said it first I'm afraid but whoever they were they summed it up beautifully.

Even so you are very fervent in telling people about your unbelief, showing in fact a missionary zeal.

fer·vent (fûrˈvənt)

adjective: Having or showing great emotion or zeal; ardent:

Actually, I'm really not very passionate about it. My background in writing does help me to put my point across passionately, though :)

I do love the word 'ardent' :)

In all seriousness, this IS the internet and it is impossible to gain so much as an inkling of someone's emotional state when writing!

You can infer all you like, but it doesn't necessarily correlate to real world feelings!

Actually, I'm really not very passionate about it. My background in writing does help me to put my point across passionately, though :)

I do love the word 'ardent' :)

In all seriousness, this IS the internet and it is impossible to gain so much as an inkling of someone's emotional state when writing!

You can infer all you like, but it doesn't necessarily correlate to real world feelings!

From the amount of time you spend making your point, your ardour is as strong as my faith.

When people try to call atheism a form of religion I like to use this quote; 'If atheism is a religion then health is a disease'. I don't know who said it first I'm afraid but whoever they were they summed it up beautifully.

Yes.....or the other one is, if the analogy is that different faiths/religions are different hair colours then obviously atheism is baldness (ie no hair) then by the same analogy baldness cannot (and obviously is not) a hair colour.

Archived