Disproving the Existence of God

Would you force your partner to love you?

No Grahame, I would not. But as Milquetoast rightly points out, if I wanted her to love me, it would at least make sense to inform her of my existence instead of being all mysterious and waiting until she dies.

Your analogy fails because my suggestion had nothing whatsoever to do with forcing anybody to do anything.

No Grahame, I would not. But as Milquetoast rightly points out, if I wanted her to love me, it would at least make sense to inform her of my existence instead of being all mysterious and waiting until she dies.

Your analogy fails because my suggestion had nothing whatsoever to do with forcing anybody to do anything.

It isn't an analogy, what is important is love willingly given of our own free will. :)

I don't need to have faith in anything whatsoever to enjoy the feelings I get when listening to a good piece of music or art.

So why do you get these feelings?

Where does our appreciation of art or music come from?

There is no evolutionary basis for it, indeed in purely evolutionary terms, it is probably a distraction, therefore evolution should select against it.

So why do you get these feelings?

Where does our appreciation of art or music come from?

There is no evolutionary basis for it, indeed in purely evolutionary terms, it is probably a distraction, therefore evolution should select against it.

On what grounds do you state with such certainty that there is no evolutionary basis for human appreciation of art?

Archived