Disproving the Existence of God

Quite. I read a book a while back which showed, fairly conclusively in my eyes, that the bible is nothing but a re-hash of stories from polytheistic Ancient Egypt, only re-written to fit the monotheistic view of Christianity.

Indeed. I've not read any books on the subject, but it looks pretty conclusive in my eyes.

Unless, of course, those religions didn't exist. Which, as I wasn't there 2000+ years ago, is a possibility! :)

I suppose god was a bit limited because he had to make us in his own image for some reason but hey, got to give the guy a 6 out of 10 for effort.

(From my blog).

Cool. Send me the linky :)

All these arguments have been used against me to try and provethe Abrahamic god. The omni-potent thing must be hard to live up to.

"One only has to look at all the beautiful plants and trees to know that this couldn't have just happened". It needed intelligent design! "What about an eye? How could that have just appeared?", "If a tornado hit a car breakers, it wouldn't leave an E Type in its wake."

However the designer was a bit naff. Putting sex organs next to the sewage system and indeed having them operate as both is novel but not the best design option. I know the childbitrth thing weas a curse from god but really - A hinged door over the stomach opened by a code provided by god on 9 months would be better and would save a fortune in healthcare.

Why not have parents needing to spend a year in close proximity before the female could get pregnant? That would solve a lot of social problems. Bones break too easily. A good god would have thought of this before the seventh day or would have fixed it after. If humans were bendy and could bounce from great heights, there would be a lot less to go wrong. Needing blood to carry oxygen round the body is a bit of a no-brainer. Fine until someone gets accidentally opened up or those white cells get a mind of their own.

I suppose god was a bit limited because he had to make us in his own image for some reason but hey, got to give the guy a 6 out of 10 for effort.

(From my blog).

Look, anybody with any sense would not put your " Nuts " where any body, man or woman could kick them, they would put them under your armpit where

you would examine them every morning when you used your deodorant.

So we were designed a few years ago and like cars there are problems in the design but no improvements have ever been made, makes you wonder doesn't it.

-

Indeed. I've not read any books on the subject, but it looks pretty conclusive in my eyes.

Unless, of course, those religions didn't exist. Which, as I wasn't there 2000+ years ago, is a possibility! :)

If you click on Bloomdido's name there's a link to his homepage which is a blog.

Look, anybody with any sense would not put your " Nuts " where any body, man or woman could kick them, they would put them under your armpit where

you would examine them every morning when you used your deodorant.

So we were designed a few years ago and like cars there are problems in the design but no improvements have ever been made, makes you wonder doesn't it.

-

Give it a few hundred thousand years and they may well end up there. We are still evolving to walk properly on two legs.

Reading threads like the one below is the sort of thing that confirms my faith in the Bible.

Dating the Bible using Solar Eclipses

The following visions or events can be dated using common astronomical software.

The vision at Shushan palace (Daniel 8)

The vision at Babylon (Daniel 7)

The day the Earth Stood Still (Joshua 10)

The sundial moving 10 degrees (2 Kings 20, Isaiah 38)

Then there are the seven candlesticks (Revelation 1)

And The virgin with a crown of 12 stars (Revelation 12)

All of these visions or events can be dated precisely.

http://forums.carm.org/vbb/showthread.php?18502-Dating-the-Bible-using-Solar-Eclipses

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post

Look, anybody with any sense would not put your " Nuts " where any body, man or woman could kick them, they would put them under your armpit where you would examine them every morning when you used your deodorant.

-

Give it a few hundred thousand years and they may well end up there. We are still evolving to walk properly on two legs.

So people having genitalia between their legs proves there is no God!

Atheists never cease to amaze me.

There's an informed opinion, I don't think.

If there is a god then why did my Mum spend 4 months in hospital in excrutiating pain and murderers, rapists & paedophiles live charmed lives?

And if anyone comes out with "That's God's will", I'll be forced to question their logic.

It is for this reason that I do not, nor will ever believe in karma or natural justice.

Archived