Car problem heater blowing cold air

if you put the tubes back in place you'll get the green flood into the passenger compartment.

will it do any arm tho if i just put the pipes back as there were cud it be the themostat whats is not working and cud it flod the car how would hi found out if the matrix is nackered

If the themo is not working, once the engine is hot your radiator will still be cold at the top.

Odds on it is the heater mattrix, and it may not be easy to fit.

You could reconnect the pipes and remove the front carpets first!! then if it leaks your damage will be minimal.

There may be a chance that a garage could pressure test your coolant, once the pipes are reconnected.

will it do any arm tho if i just put the pipes back as there were cud it be the themostat whats is not working and cud it flod the car how would hi found out if the matrix is nackered

The previous owner will have bypassed the matrix:

a) Because of a leak, or b) Because of a blockage.

So there's very little point in reconnecting it.

If the matrix is bypassed, that's why you have no heat. Unless there are other symptoms, there's no reason to suspect the thermostat is faulty.

Ideally you need to replace the matrix, which is usually a big job involving dash removal. If you go to the trouble of doing it, i wouldn't advise a 2nd hand matrix, it'd be a shame spending a day or more fitting it, then face the possibility of a blockage/leakage on the relpacement unit sometime in the future.

Archived