Families to go to Australia?

The UK is a joke.

Why anybody with skills but without assets stays is beyond me.

You can't afford to buy a house in which to raise a family, you can't afford land to build your own. The job situation isn't good and tax burdens are increasing.

Raising a family is a very hard task for workers.

Places like Australia, have land, resources, jobs and pro-children incentives such as the baby bonus. Gaining permanent residency for a young person with skills is an easy task.

Surely we will see an exodus of our skilled and family orientated youth to Australia for example, when it offers more to working adults who want to have children.

The UK is a joke.

You can't afford to buy a house in which to raise a family, you can't afford land to build your own. The job situation isn't good and tax burdens are increasing.

Places like Australia, have land, resources, jobs and pro-children incentives such as the baby bonus. Gaining permanent residency for a young person with skills is an easy task.

Surely we will see an exodus of our skilled and family orientated youth to Australia for example, when it offers more to working adults who want to have children.

It's not that easy to get a working visa/residency, as demonstrated by my many work colleagues who have gone through the process before moving there for a few years - it's a veritable ball-ache.

Also, you think our housing market is bad - they're in the midst of a huge property boom that shows little sign of slowing - if you can't afford to buy over here, you've got no hope over there.

The UK is a joke.

The skills shortage list has been chopped, it now contains only 1/3 of what it used to do. They are becoming concerned about immigration over there but if you have the right skills it is certainly doable.

As far as lifestyle, there is no comparison.

Yep, it's not as easy to get a visa as some make out. It's costly too. I don't know of any other body that can charge so much to do so little work and take so long to do it than the Australian immigration folk. But that's their right.

And remember, the grass isn't always greener either.

Yep, it's not as easy to get a visa as some make out. It's costly too. I don't know of any other body that can charge so much to do so little work and take so long to do it than the Australian immigration folk. But that's their right.

And remember, the grass isn't always greener either.

I beg to differ.

All off my family are out there now,My cousin came back last year as her OH wanted too,They bought a property and is now having to sell it at 20k less cause off our housing situation and she has returned back to Oz.

My other cousin is leaving next summer for good and will be leaving behind her retired mum and dad as they cannot afford to get in cause it is 350k per person.

Will be easyer to go on a visa.

I Have only my dad and my uncle out off 8 now in the UK.

And if it wasnt for my OH i would be out there too!

Oh and i agree with the OP the UK is Joke.

Actually, gaining permanent residency for a young person even with skills is not as easy as you might think. It's become much harder of late. They're a lot pickier than we are.

Its not hard to get into Oz if you have skills or experience. The only problem is they have an annual limit so if you qualify but the limit has been reached you have to wait until the next year.

Archived