Families to go to Australia?

I beg to differ.

All off my family are out there now,My cousin came back last year as her OH wanted too,They bought a property and is now having to sell it at 20k less cause off our housing situation and she has returned back to Oz.

My other cousin is leaving next summer for good and will be leaving behind her retired mum and dad as they cannot afford to get in cause it is 350k per person.

Will be easyer to go on a visa.

I Have only my dad and my uncle out off 8 now in the UK.

And if it wasnt for my OH i would be out there too!

Oh and i agree with the OP the UK is Joke.

phil's got a good point ,they don't make it easy for most people ,theres quite a lot of unemployment in the major citys .I'm staying in sydney(back in sheff in november) teh prices of houses are some of the most expenscive in the world.I've been coming going here for over 40 years, and i still meet a lot of people that don't like it here.

What you'll need to bear in mind is that there are many many different types of visa. And they don't make it easy. Also, the rules change that often that they're in a near constant state of change. For instance, for one entire class of visa they've recently reached the point where the rules had changed so much and so much time had passed, the applications were useless. So they were all binned and the applicants refunded and told to start again. Nice if you've been waiting several years for yours to get to top of the pile.

The top priority ones seem to get processed reasonably quickly, but unless you fulfil all those criteria, it's not as smooth a ride as some may think. That said, with the right research it's not too daunting.

Its not hard to get into Oz if you have skills or experience. The only problem is they have an annual limit so if you qualify but the limit has been reached you have to wait until the next year.

I don't no were you get your imfo from but if that was the case the place would be flooded with migrants .you get a hell of a lot of backpackers here taking up casual work for low rates on tourist visa's,as well as asians scaming student visa's .as a matter of intrest which skills do you know of that are in demand?

What you'll need to bear in mind is that there are many many different types of visa. And they don't make it easy. Also, the rules change that often that they're in a near constant state of change. For instance, for one entire class of visa they've recently reached the point where the rules had changed so much and so much time had passed, the applications were useless. So they were all binned and the applicants refunded and told to start again. Nice if you've been waiting several years for yours to get to top of the pile.

The top priority ones seem to get processed reasonably quickly, but unless you fulfil all those criteria, it's not as smooth a ride as some may think. That said, with the right research it's not too daunting.

have you been out here ?

phil's got a good point ,they don't make it easy for most people ,theres quite a lot of unemployment in the major citys .I'm staying in sydney(back in sheff in november) teh prices of houses are some of the most expenscive in the world.I've been coming going here for over 40 years, and i still meet a lot of people that don't like it here.

Why should they make it easy for most people? If there's a lot of unemployment, then isn't limiting immigration the obvious thing to do?

Perhaps they don't feel some strange urge to tax their own people so that migrants can add their names to the lists of the unemployed?

Presumably, if the Australians think they really need or want somebody, that person will find it comparatively easy to get a visa.

I beg to differ.

All off my family are out there now,My cousin came back last year as her OH wanted too,They bought a property and is now having to sell it at 20k less cause off our housing situation and she has returned back to Oz.

My other cousin is leaving next summer for good and will be leaving behind her retired mum and dad as they cannot afford to get in cause it is 350k per person.

Will be easyer to go on a visa.

I Have only my dad and my uncle out off 8 now in the UK.

And if it wasnt for my OH i would be out there too!

Oh and i agree with the OP the UK is Joke.

Your other half said get yourself off, he wants to do a mutual exchange and move a nice fit blond Ozzy bird in :hihi:

And when they are talking of Visa's they are not talking about that piece of plastic your old man gave you :D

Australia is nice but some of the smaller towns can be a bit boring to live in. The heat is something else, 37c in January. I have only been there on holidays but I could not bear the heat.

New Zealand is greener and cooler. I would live there but Australia is way to hot.

My family were £10 poms. My grandparents were the first ones in the family to go but they returned after a year as my grandad could not find work. My parents then left the UK in the 70's and spent 3 years out there, they were joined by my grandparents again only for it not to work out. The heat got to them really bad. My brother was born out there and he and my sister returned to Oz in the late 90's - he hated it and came back to the UK. My sister spend 7 years out there, married an Oz, had a child but still came back to the UK. Now my brother is trying again - he has dual nationality so can come and go as he pleases but has been offered a job in Sydney. I can't help but think it will end in tears and he'll be back again. They call them 'ping-pong pom's out there, you have to wonder what makes so many ex-pats return to the UK eventually.

Archived