Name of the pub

JOHN HABS

Towards the latter end of the 1950's and early 60's there use to be a pub at the top end of Charter Row, on the side where if you were to turn left Wellington Street Firestation use to be.

The pub was set back under an archway and there were cast iron tables and chairs for customers to sit on.........I dont remember too much about it as I was only a child at the time, my gran and I would sit at the tables, she would have a glass of beer and I would have a bottle of pop and a bag of crisps.

No-one seems to remember this pub or its name - any ideas ?

Hello Organgrinder,

' photo on picture this ' ................ is this a website and if so which website is it ?

Sorry I wasn't more explicit about Picture Shefield - just couldn't remember at the time and figured that most people already know about the site.

howden got it right anyway and yes, that's the photo I was referring to.

There's another picture (not as good, granted) on this website. It's a bit before my time, and I don't have either "A Pub On Every Corner" (responsible for more Sheffield tap room rows than any other book in history!), or "A-Z of Sheffield Public Houses" to hand, so I can't shed any other light on it, I'm afraid.

Had a look at the photo of the pub on the picturesheffield.com website....... dont think it was the Angel Inn my gran took me to.

Photo details say that it was on Button Lane Moorhead, and photo was in the 1930's era,

the pub I was enquiring about was during the 50's - 60's era and at the top of Charter Square on the same side as the fire station use to be.

Had a look at the photo of the pub on the picturesheffield.com website....... dont think it was the Angel Inn my gran took me to.

Photo details say that it was on Button Lane Moorhead, and photo was in the 1930's era,

the pub I was enquiring about was during the 50's - 60's era and at the top of Charter Square on the same side as the fire station use to be.

Sorry I couldn't help.

I don't recall any pubs at all, at that particular location (Charter Row - Carver Street).

That's why I wondered about the Angel, which was only 50 yards away and was there up until 1956.

That was the Angel on Button Lane

Archived