What would you do with £120m every day?

Agree with the above regarding energy independence.

My other priority would be transport infrastructure - esp the fast rail links. We need to make the countries economy less London - centric. We are overly reliant on the financial services sector in the square mile.

Funnily enough, I had started to type that as well in my earlier post, with a goal of putting any location in England accessible from any other location in England within a maximum of 2 hours ;) ...then thought £120m/day isn't enough for both (energy/tranport) so I left it out!

That's how much the UK government is paying in interest charges every day on the state deficit.

In a fantasy world where there is no deficit debt what would you do with it and how would you prioritise? Schools, hospitals, industrial projects, green energy, new roads?

It isn't real money it's just a number on a piece of paper. The stock market makes and loses far greater sums every day.

That's how much the UK government is paying in interest charges every day on the state deficit.

In a fantasy world where there is no deficit debt what would you do with it and how would you prioritise? Schools, hospitals, industrial projects, green energy, new roads?

Id spend it on prostitutes, gambling and possibly alcohol.

I realise its a waste but hell, what a way to waste it. Much better than the governments way.:hihi:

At £2 each per day you wouldn’t even get a decent pint never mind the rest.

Here's an idea, why not double it to £240m a day? It will still be less than a fiver each and you'll get that pint.

Give it to the bankers?! They deserve a bonus...

Archived