Advise over neighbour's Overgrown Tree

Your probably well within your rights to cut down what's hanging down over your side.

Otherwise i'd try speaking to then landlords again, they may well agree for the whole tree to be taken down/trimmed so as it needs less maintenance in the future.

It depends on whether there's a tree preservation order on it - and a lot of trees have them now.

Other than that, you'd be within your rights to cut down all the bits of the tree that overhang your garden, but you have to give them back to your neighbour as they belong to him.

I have a neighbour joining my garden, a sanctuary tenant, who's tree is enourmous and overgrown. This tree puts my garden in the shade from noon.

Can anyone advise me?

Don't bother asking your neighbour, they obviously have no right to choose what they have in their garden because they don't own their home :loopy:

You can't cut the the tree down just because you want some sun, it's bad for the environment. If you want some sun why don't you just go to the beach :loopy:

Archived