Where to go for halal works Xmas do?

drslapdash

Hi all,

I want to plan a Christmas meal this year for my office - I'd say about 90% of the folks here are Muslim, so does anyone have any suggestions as to where we could go that would serve halal? I guess it's not really important to have traditional Christmas fare (although turkey n trimmmings would be nice!), I'd just like us all to go out for a meal.....would perhaps a curry joint be best? Somewhere near the city centre would we good, as we work at the University. Bit early for christmas stuff I know....! Thanks!

Try working backwards - pick places you would like to go (for the right atmosphere etc), then phone them & ask if they would cater for Halal. I would expect that most places would.

No-one will be able to have pigs in blankets though! :(

I know how hard it can be to organise xmas parties and trying to please everyone.

Do you have time to ask your colleagues if they are bothered about the turkey being halal? Many muslims these days are quite casual about the food they eat, often drinking alcohol too. If you have time, ask them and then decide if you want to go halal. Halal is not only about how the animal is slaughtered but also how it was bred. If the restaurant owner steals the spuds then they will be off limits too as they will not be 'halal'. You could always take them for a Turkish. Aspalas is excellent on West St though if you need somewhere fairly large then one of the Zeugmas might be better.

Hi all,

I want to plan a Christmas meal this year for my office - I'd say about 90% of the folks here are Muslim, so does anyone have any suggestions as to where we could go that would serve halal? I guess it's not really important to have traditional Christmas fare (although turkey n trimmmings would be nice!), I'd just like us all to go out for a meal.....would perhaps a curry joint be best? Somewhere near the city centre would we good, as we work at the University. Bit early for christmas stuff I know....! Thanks!

If 90% are Muslim do they really have any interest in celebrating Christmas? It would be more of a staff party than a Christmas party....

Hi all,

i understand Pakistan is nice around December:hihi:

If 90% are Muslim do they really have any interest in celebrating Christmas? It would be more of a staff party than a Christmas party....

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

..cant believe it took hours for someone to pick up on that, one wonders if the OP is kosher ;)

Best thing to do, as a muslim, don't celebrate it as an xmas do because we ain't supposed to celebrate xmas (totally against our religion)

Just go for an end of year meal (Kebabish on wicker, Chaman on wicker, Mangla on spitall hill?)

They're probably the best and don't serve alcohol (which is advised)

Sheffield is actually poor for halal restaurants, it's all about Bradistan and the curry mile in Manc.

Hope this helps x

Archived