• No
    • Yes
    • 0+
    • 1+
    • 2+
    • 3+
    • 4+
    • 5+

When I flew to Singapore I had my six month old daughter with me. She slept most of the time.

By the time we came home I'd had a son who was also 6 months old by then. Imagine if the under five rule was in force. I wouldn't have wanted to be hanging around the airport until they both reached the correct age to fly.

I was on my own with them but hardly saw them because two of the squaddies that my then husband had been talking to took us under their wings and dived in to help if there was any upsets or crying. Young children tend to cry because of their ears popping. We just hold our noses and blow but you can't get them to do that.

Oh by the way....in those days it was 26 and a half hours flying time.

Looking at it from the front end (where I used to sit) perhaps the minimum age should be 130?

The D-class freight does nothing but complain!

Agreed. Youngsters should be in the cargo hold for flights over say.. 2hrs/2hrs 30.

Better idea: Let me go down in the cargo hold ... with a hammock. Long-haul flights are much more comfortable that way. ;)

Keep your In-flight movies, chicken ding and 'duty free' sales pitch.

Looking at it from the front end (where I used to sit) perhaps the minimum age should be 130?

The D-class freight does nothing but complain!

Better idea: Let me go down in the cargo hold ... with a hammock. Long-haul flights are much more comfortable that way. ;)

Keep your In-flight movies, chicken ding and 'duty free' sales pitch.

actually yes, think of the leg room. There may even be some dogs to play with-sounds infinitely better!

Stupid idea.

Ive been on a couple of flights where ive seen some adults winge, moan, throw a huge hissy fit and pull a DYKWIA, er no we dont so STFU and go sit down.

And im not talking about passengers sat in Y class this has been F & J passengers.

Babies and young children cry and scream and while it can be a PITA to listen too at times it's just one of those things.

Thankfully i usually flying in J class long haul so screaming children or usually less of a problem.

Archived