How would you prepare?

An old friend/distant relative working for the government gives you information that a biological contagion has escaped confinement in London and is spreading.

The effects of this weapon will take four weeks before it is widespread in Sheffield, and another four weeks before the effects start. Thus allowing the infected to unwittingly seed themselves throughout the UK and beyond.

The effect: zombies. He hands you a suitcase full of mixed and nonsequential bills. After counting it, you realize you have just inherited 5 million pounds and knowledge of the end. How would you prepare?

Stipulations:

1) You can neither stop nor delay the inevitable. It WILL happen.

2) Nobody believes you when you try to warn them.

I would get guns, ammo, a car loaded with plenty of food and petrol and escape to somewhere remote like Scotland.

I would hire out Branson's Necker, and let all the staff have a holiday. Me and my family would then learn to weave baskets, catch fishies and grow our own plantain. Of course, we would probably all kill each other with no TV, radio, electricity etc etc

With 5 million, you could seriously prepare for the worst. You could move somewhere remote and with the cash, set up a seriously well protected station and with enough land and knowledge, live quite happily for the rest of your days.

You could burn the money on fortifications and food and recycling etc, and have more than enough to support you and your family when the worst comes

Archived