How would you prepare?

I am out of date. It was officially cleared in 1990; if I read that at the time I'd forgotten about it.

Yes. By a government minister. (That was shortly before another government minister fed his daughter a beefburger during the PMT crisis, wasn't it?)

Subsequently: "Dr Brian Moffat, archaeological director of an excavation of a medieval hospital near Edinburgh, said his team had encountered buried anthrax spores which had survived for hundreds of years.

He told the paper: "I would not go walking on Gruinard. If anthrax is still active at Soutra, there is no reason to suppose it has not survived on more recent sites. It is a very resilient and deadly bacterium." "

"Gruinard is perfectly safe." "There is no physiological risk from tetra ethyl lead in petrol" either.

You can believe everything politicians tell you.

Did they take their "last man standing" philosophy a tad too far?

:D

An 'unknown force' brought down our only means of communication overnight leaving our fledgling community isolated in their own homes!

I advise that you all take full opportunity of this new communication channel before it too is infiltrated by the 'powers that be'! :o

I would find a remote Scottish island, either off the coast or in the middle of a loch. I would get a boat, a rifle, fishing equipment, gardening equipment, livestock and lots of fresh water and tinned food etc. I would inhabit the island and try to become self sufficient.

Difficult to shoot yourself with a rifle. Get a pistol.

If you're looking for a remote Island (and AFAIK, there aren't that many Lochs which are wide enough to have 'remote' islands in them), may I remind you: "There's ****-all at Rockall." You probably won't be bothered by too many people if you go there.

Have none of you read World War Z? Zombies can walk to islands, don't you know :rolleyes:

£5m? A big sailing trawler-type yacht with aluminium hull, all the canned/dried food it can contain, a decent amount of firepower and ammo, fishing gear, comms/sat gear, desalination gear, rain recycling vats, spare 12V batteries, entertainment (terrabytes of movies, music, games and e-books).

Then wait at high sea for the outbreak to exhaust, somewhere nice but not-too-tropical, away from regular shipping channels and hurricane paths.

And both the people and the aircraft who fly you there would have to be fresh out of the box. - Because if they'd been flying anybody else anywhere else, they might have the bug.

See my comment on 'minimum age for planes' thread! This is obviously where 2 year old pilots would come in really useful!

By the way, I think you're safe in Oberamagau or wherever it is you live, as illegal viruses wouldn't be allowed in! :hihi:

Have none of you read World War Z? Zombies can walk to islands, don't you know :rolleyes:

£5m? A big sailing trawler-type yacht with aluminium hull, all the canned/dried food it can contain, a decent amount of firepower and ammo, fishing gear, comms/sat gear, desalination gear, rain recycling vats, spare 12V batteries, entertainment (terrabytes of movies, music, games and e-books).

Then wait at high sea for the outbreak to exhaust, somewhere nice but not-too-tropical, away from regular shipping channels and hurricane paths.

YES! awesome book. i hope the film comes off eventually. at least we have the walking dead tv show coming out later this month...

Archived