Recording freeview

can anyone tell me if you can record freeview through on to a video recorder

Just give up with it is my advice! I've had one of those digital terrestrial recorders for two years now and still not figured it out! How can you record something on it whilst watching another station where you can rewind and watch the bit you've just missed (because of an important e-mail from No 10 say) then carry on watching it in real time without missing anything? .... Do the manufacturers think I'm stupid or something! Really chuffed I've never bothered to read the instructions as this would have wasted even more of my time! :gag::)

Just give up with it is my advice! I've had one of those digital terrestrial recorders for two years now and still not figured it out! How can you record something on it whilst watching another station where you can rewind and watch the bit you've just missed (because of an important e-mail from No 10 say) then carry on watching it in real time without missing anything? .... Do the manufacturers think I'm stupid or something! Really chuffed I've never bothered to read the instructions as this would have wasted even more of my time! :gag::)

Bless! No wonder you've given up on the Fray Bentos UFO project. :hihi:

Bless! No wonder you've given up on the Fray Bentos UFO project. :hihi:

Erm! ... as it happens Dozy, my Fray Bentos UFO project is coming along in leaps and bounds thank you!

I'm just having to keep a bit quiet about it due to certain problems with the 'Official secrets' act and a bit of a contretemps with 'Stevie boy' Hawkings over patenting laws! (what a mardy arse he is! ... it was my idea to go for steak and kidney!) :suspect::P

I've got a humax pvr 9200T, had it around five years now, it's a twin tuner job, had one disk problem which I fixed by replacing the hard disk

I can record one channel while watching another, I can record two channels and watch another providing the other channel is on one of the multiplexes I'm recording on, I can play stuff back while recording two different things

it can do all the standard trick play things, pause, rewind, bookmarks, chase play, on disk editing, picture in picture and so on

it's got two scart sockets on the back one for the TV and one for the VCR

you can record freeview output on the VCR with it unfortunately you can only record on the VCR what is being displayed on the TV, which I believe is common to all PVR's

you can get second hand and refurbished versions of this particular box for under a hundred on ebay now

but I wouldn't part with mine unless it falls apart

they do HD versions and ones with bigger disks now although they seem to have dropped the USB connection and introduced hdmi

I can recommend a PVR

Archived