Credit Card Loophole -Anyone used a company called 'Financial Arbitration'?

It wouldnt make any difference, I already had a balance of about 10K on it which is getting charged at the new 30% rate which was about 14% when I signed up to it

It too late now but how do you get 10k of debt on a credit card :o could you afford that kind of debt even at 14%.

Anyone with kids will know they don’t listen but at least they must have been listening when I advised them not to get a credit card, one of their mates got one and “maxed” it within weeks and he was proud of the fact to the point of boasting about it.

It too late now but how do you get 10k of debt on a credit card :o could you afford that kind of debt even at 14%.

Well it started at 1.5K and then I moved it to another card for 0% and did the same with a few other cards. then they put my limit up to 10K and gave me a 0% offer for 6 months so I moved it all back, now they've put my limit up to 19.2K and I've never asked for any more.

All this debt is from Uni days and its all for food and living expenses not blowing it on holidays and such

All this debt is from Uni days and its all for food and living expenses not blowing it on holidays and such

Don’t take this personal but what did you learn at Uni :o or as a colleague once said to a manager you may have been to University but I have been through the University of life.

Surely common sense would tell you that you just cant keep spending what you haven’t got, 10k is a lot of Pizza and cider.

Going back to your OP, it doesn’t sound right to me, do you get your money back if they are unsuccessful?

Well its easy to say with hind sight that I shouldnt of kept spending but I had to eat and 3K a year ist that much for food let alone beer, starting Uni with -£200 didnt help either, flaming tuition fees and extortionate halls. Also I kept getting told that Id stroll into a job thatd pay 20K plus if I had a degree. What a load of nonsense that was. Anyway I learnt that lesson along time ago now but am still stuck with a massive debt.

They say they'll give me all of my money back less the report fee of just over £100 per card but I have been reading about these companies just going bust so you cant get your money back anyway.

The main thing I was trying to find out from this thread is if anyone else has had dealings with this company or knows anyone that has as he stressed to me that there were lots of local people who had successfully used them but I cant find anyone. If I had done this successfully Id be telling absolutly everyone about it so that fact I cant find anyone to back up his claims make me very dubius.

Also I kept getting told that Id stroll into a job thatd pay 20K plus if I had a degree. What a load of nonsense that was. Anyway I learnt that lesson along time ago now but am still stuck with a massive debt.

I think that comes under what my friend meant by the “University of life”, be careful not to throw good money after bad.

Good luck.

Archived