How to choose a suitable car?

ok, my car which I inherited about three years ago is just about on its last legs (1998 renault scenic) and it is time for a new car but I have no idea where to start!

needs to sear four adults occasionally, good sized boot pref hatchback. it will have to live outside on the road and I have a circulation problem in my hands so I’m thinking a heated windscreen would be a major plus! And heated seats would be pure luxury!

budget is up to around 7k

any ideas where to start?

Ford Focus, for 7k you'll get a cracker, between 5 and 3 years old with quickclear heated windscreen. Not too sure about heated seats, im sure they do them but dont think its a popular option. If you want a brand new car your options are more limited.

A 3 year old Skoda Fabia can be had for £7k. I bought mine with all the criteria you've mentioned except for the heated windscreen. However, I just blast my windscreen with the air con and it clears pretty quickly.

you could get a focus diesel, they did three variants, 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0 i think, all very economical, and all cheap on the old tax. Fords heated screen is ace, clears ice in a matter of a minute or two, and im sure if you look hard enough you can pick one up with luxury heated seats for way less than 7k, and with reasonably low miles. Theres loads about too, so a good deal can be found, i'll have a look in autotrader for you!

ok, i've never heard of the Fusion?

am i right in thinking the Skoda has a connection with volkswagen?

Wozman - i've just been looking at the focus on autotrader and there seems to be so many about and so many different varieties. Which is the top model? in the old days it used to go up L, LX, GLX, GS or whatever but they now seem to be names - studio, titanium, ghia

ok, i've never heard of the Fusion?

am i right in thinking the Skoda has a connection with volkswagen?

Wozman - i've just been looking at the focus on autotrader and there seems to be so many about and so many different varieties. Which is the top model? in the old days it used to go up L, LX, GLX, GS or whatever but they now seem to be names - studio, titanium, ghia

Yes they're owned by VW, my Skoda has a VW engine in it.

Archived