Hit and run accidents

Hi people, please bear with me in explaining what I am looking for here.

I am an author and I am currently writing a fictional novel. Without giving too much away, I am looking for people who have been affected by hit and run drivers, whether that be yourself, a friend or a family member. I realise that this is a very personal subject and I can guarantee that any information given will be treated with the ultimate respect and privacy.

I am looking for, in particular, your personal feelings... how this has affected your life immediately after, and in the long term, how you felt about the driver that caused the accident, and if possible any facts eg were they drinking, under the influence of drugs, or on a phone at the time.

Please can I just reiterate that any messages I receive will not be placed directly in the book, and neither will any references be made to people, names, places, times, or injuries. I am trying to obtain some sort of true emotional feeling of what you must have gone through in this situation, and for me to be able to try and convey this through my writing.

Please feel free to PM me, or ask me for my email address, and I will gladly give you that instead. Any help is very much appreciated.

I am also looking for the experiances and feelings of people who have been the drivers in such situations, who may want to share with me their feelings. Again please acknowledge that I will treat any messages with ultimate privacy and you will not be judged in any way, shape or form.

In both cases, I will not reply to any private messages as a sign of respect and privacy, so please provide me with as much personal feelings on the matter as you see fit. And if you are willing to discuss anything further, please state this in your message and I will happily speak to you further on the matter.

Thankyou so much, and I hope that with your help I can make this a successful novel, highlighting the effects of hit and run accidents and hopefully making a difference to future statistics.

D

Archived