US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as tro

i think when you see your mates get blown to bits...every afghan becomes a target for their comrades...fact of life...happens in all wars....the yanks just like shooting people...

I can understand how they come to do it, but it's still murder-just like lads from Holbeck who get on tube trains and blow up people totally innocent people.

I can understand how they come to do it, but it's still murder-just like lads from Holbeck who get on tube trains and blow up people totally innocent people.

cause they do it...they see them as the enemy...and do you think its only the yanks that seek revenge and retribution....

Is anyone surprised? This sounds like typical behaviour of US troops. When they're not shooting civilians for fun they're bombing wedding parties.

That's right. Condemn 90,000 other troops for the sins of a dozen. Typical knee jerk reaction from someone who cant think straight and in a rational manner.

They've been arrested put on trial and no doubt will face long prison sentences and rightly so. This shows that the military justice system is sound and functioning.

When I was serving with the British army in Malaya seven soldiers were arrested and put on trial for murdering and robbing a Chinese taxi driver and we werent even in a war.

There are renegades and misfits in every military organisation and all of them eventually get rooted out

No, I think Mecky was pointing out the habit by certain posters to only condemn atrocities committed by *the other side*, but stay silent or actually even defend actions committed by those they identify with. There's a lot of it about on all fronts.

The OP has openly endorsed Islamist propaganda on SF before, like many of his cohorts he doesn't seem to have a problem with Taliban behaviour and has been openly bigoted against the West. The actions of the soldiers are despicable, as are so many elements of the shameful Bush and Blair legacy, but when condemnation comes from quarters who have endorsed theocratic dictatorship I think it's safe to say the sentiment doesn't stem from a humanitarian impulse but a politically partisan one.

heinous crimes by ANY of the differing sides is WRONG

heinous crimes by ANY of the differing sides is WRONG

That's what I said. :confused:

I was also making a point about those who only speak out when the people they've set up as their enemy do wrong. The ones who tend to deny, dodge, ignore or excuse the crimes of those they identify with is equally wrong. I notice you avoided commenting on that aspect. ;)

On operations commanders have very tight control of what is going on. They have to cope with the highs and stresses at that time. Such commanders will be in short supply and often sent on other missions soon after debriefing and maybe a few hours rekitting.

What goes on when the soldiers get back to base should be equally controlled as the highs turn to lows and realisations of what has took place sets in. Not an easy time for some troops as seen and such actions cannot be tolerated. It is the fault of the military system as they are fully aware of this but wont put the resources into it because of the cost.

Yeah, because the Taleban don't kill civillians do they?

This isn't a thread about the Taliban though is it? It is about the behavior of a group of US soldiers. How the Taliban behave themselves has nothing to do with how we expect US soldiers to behave and what they have done is unforgivable. They should be prosecuted and punished to the limits of the law.

Archived