US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as tro

While all young men must register for the draft, no one is currently being drafted into military service. But I still wouldn't call the most of the folks in the armed forces "professional".

I know I may sound a bit over patriotic here.

But I believe that all British soldiers are professional to the core.

I cannot see our men indulging in this kind of thing.

Therefore I do not think your professionals would do so either.

If this is proved it must be some rogue element .

It's not unusual for there to be some form of collective psychopathy which grips groups of men in times of conflict. Look at the way in which rape has been carried out on mass scales during wartime. I'm sure that there are plenty of papers out there attesting to this.

Not to put down my own military forces here but I think, by and large, the US Military will accept nearly everyone who wants to enlist. That doesn't mean they don't believe in fighting for their country or that they aren't brave but a fair few of them aren't the sharpest. Certainly there are plenty that are bright and professional but I imagine there are fewer of these than there should be.

But then again what would happen in the British armed forces if drugs were legalised as spindrift desires.

It's not unusual for there to be some form of collective psychopathy which grips groups of men in times of conflict. Look at the way in which rape has been carried out on mass scales during wartime. I'm sure that there are plenty of papers out there attesting to this.

Come along, British soldiers have never been accused of that kind of thing.

Rape and Looting were capital offences during wartime.

We come from a steady civilised background where these things are unheard of.

Well come on then point out the examples of HMforces indulging in thid kind of behavour.

Many other countries especialy the soviets for reprisals against the Germans were well known for it.

Well come on then point out the examples of HMforces indulging in thid kind of behavour.

Many other countries especialy the soviets for reprisals against the Germans were well known for it.

..no pleasure in discovering this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baha_Mousa

http://www.u.tv/News/British-servicemen-suspected-of-murdering-Iraqi-civilians/88be1cfb-5a77-4fa1-8d7b-0971828a479a

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/soldiers-guilty-of-horrific-murder-1344601.html

Come on BF, I am not even going to look at them, as I am sure they will be propaganda.

I am suprised at you.

I think the British army doesnt get too many misfits because chavs and hooligans in England can exist on government handouts and unemployment benefits. There's no compulsion for them to join. The government see to their welfare already

Compare that to an American youth whose had a few brushes with the law, is unemployed and not drawing unemployment benefits which are harder to qualify for than in the UK He is in the situation that he would sign up for the benefits and security the army would give him. Also recruiting has dropped and to make up the numbers enlistment standards have been lowered

I think the British army doesnt get too many misfits because chavs and hooligans in England can exist on government handouts and unemployment benefits. There's no compulsion for them to join. The government see to their welfare already

Compare that to an American youth whose had a few brushes with the law, is unemployed and not drawing unemployment benefits which are harder to qualify for than in the UK He is in the situation that he would sign up for the benefits and security the army would give him. Also recruiting has dropped and to make up the numbers enlistment standards have been lowered

Then pay your chavs a reasonable amount and they won't join up and bring US forces into disrepute...a small price to pay wouldn't you say? Harley, I'm surprised at you somehow tenuously linking the alleged atrocities with the chav on the street in the UK:shocked:..I mean it really is scraping the chuffin barrel.

US servicemen are trained by professionals, that doesn't mean whoever they are training turn out professional...some just want to get through the thick of it and get into action, and most that do, do it honourably..but there's always the idiots who squeeze through and cause a lot of damage...mostly to their own. What we in the West have done here (both sides) is actually mirrored the psychos that lop heads off. Most probably they do it because they hate us with a vengeance...but to do it just for the sport of it is very worrying. If any semblance of attained high ground was taken..then we just lost it IMO. You don't win wars by trophy hunting for the sake of trophy hunting.

Anyone arguing that "well it's just war and that's how it goes" is talking b******* and actually insults the vast majority of servicemen. If they did what they did they should be locked up for a VERY long time..if not for those they murdered, but those they'll go home to because as night follows day these soulless waste of space have a taste.

Btw...I read the op without even considering the US. For me this is not about the US..it's about soldiers..even if the op is seen to have an agenda.

Archived