Is it time we gave the miners thing a rest?

Is it time we gave the miners thing a rest?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time we gave the miners thing a rest?

• Yes, it was a long time ago and has no relevence today.
    • No, we should never forget.
    • Don't care.

The difference is that the mining dispute was not caused by economic reasons but was an attack to avenge Heaths defeat. Pure vengeance.Nothing else. The mining industry was admittedly in decline but thatcher used the power of the state to destroy the mines and the men who worked them.

Spot on, and welcome from me to this bearpit.

I heard a rumour they're re-opening Grimesthorpe pit.

Who is?

The last miners who worked in this area have redeployed 25 years ago.

Even if they could do it, it would not be with Yorkshire labour, or even English labour.

Once again it would be humiliation by having foreigners coming in to do our work for us, because Maggie wanted us to be servants.

And that is all we are these days.

In the 70s the scabs from the 1926 strike were still being shunned. The only thing that ends the bitterness of those involved is death and even then it passes into working class history to remind us what the Tories are all about and what they are capable of.

In the 70s the scabs from the 1926 strike were still being shunned. The only thing that ends the bitterness of those involved is death and even then it passes into working class history to remind us what the Tories are all about and what they are capable of.

By god penno , you a breath of fresh air and most welcome.

Dont let me down, and tell me you are trolling.

By god penno , you a breath of fresh air and most welcome.

Dont let me down, and tell me you are trolling.

No Im not trolling Artisan but merely giving an opinion based on my own experience. Many working class people today dont know how far we have come from the time when workers were used up and discarded when they had outlived there usefulness. Whatever mistakes the Labour party makes when in government they will never be a match for the intentional damage that the Cons will inflict.

No Im not trolling Artisan but merely giving an opinion based on my own experience. Many working class people today dont know how far we have come from the time when workers were used up and discarded when they had outlived there usefulness. Whatever mistakes the Labour party makes when in government they will never be a match for the intentional damage that the Cons will inflict.

Good Man;)

Archived