First pub you went in and how old

twas the Travellers at Wadsley Bridge.....was only 14 :o was in 1975

was only drinking coke though:suspect:

I never got asked my age in a pub

but got asked my age when buying a packet of fags for my gran in a supermarket...wouldnt mind but I was 20 at the time :roll:

That was my first pub too, probobly about the same year when I was 14 or 15, think I probably had a lager and lime or something similar. Police came in quite often and just glanced around so would always have a Britvic orange on the table just in case...what was the pub next door to it called? Was it the Gatehouse or something? Used to go there too, and the Red Lion in Grenoside but would run into my dad there and depending on his mood I'd get a drink or a scowl!

That was my first pub too, probobly about the same year when I was 14 or 15, think I probably had a lager and lime or something similar. Police came in quite often and just glanced around so would always have a Britvic orange on the table just in case...what was the pub next door to it called? Was it the Gatehouse or something? Used to go there too, and the Red Lion in Grenoside but would run into my dad there and depending on his mood I'd get a drink or a scowl!

The pub next door was The Gate.....dont know if its still there or not

the other one I went in was The Carousel at Chapeltown...age about 15 :D

half a lager was 15p

and coke was 12p............:o:D

Cocked Hat,(twas a tip of a boozer then)1969,one and ten a pint,about 9p now.Me and two friends had 2 pints each and sicked them up on the way home.We thought we were big,couldn't see what all the fuss was about this boozing lark.That was back in 1969 when I was 15,and many years down the line and many pints down my tonsils,I still cannot see what all the fuss was about,but will be out this afternoon just to make sure.

The pub next door was The Gate.....dont know if its still there or not

the other one I went in was The Carousel at Chapeltown...age about 15 :D

half a lager was 15p

and coke was 12p............:o:D

The gate is still there but its been closed for a few years now & so will be the travs to if the plans for a new sainsburys go ahead, shame, wadsley bridge used to be a good night out, start in white horse down to pheasant then to bridge or railway & then down to travs & gate, good times :)

Mine was the hammer & pincers at Ringinglow. 3 of us nipped in from school at lunchtime aged 15, served us no trouble so there we are sat down with three lovely pints in front of us, What we did'nt know was that it was also a couple of the teachers favourite haunts, Ken Fallows and David Heward. They strolled over and simply said " I think you three had better get back to school"!, No more was said about it! Proper teachers.

Archived