Anybody off the Wybourn 1962 -1979?

barnsley1

what number on saunders road ?

I lived at number 23 from 1951 to 1993 untill I move to where I am now .

I googled the old place a while ago and it seems to have gone down hill a bit.

DEN:o:o

I never lived on the Wybourn but my late uncle's younger brother, name of Sherwood still does (I think). I also knew an indigenous Wybourner, the late Joe Lockwood, he taught at the local school for circa 10 years.

I lived at no. 30 Saunders Road and can remember most of the neighbours. Our name was the Carnalls, we lived next door to Stocks, Savourys, Smarts, Needhams, Duttons,Murphies,Straffords,Johnsons,Kellys, Gibsons,Slinns,Dexters etc....

Whats your name then and do you remember my family?

We lived at #54 till early 1966 then onto Hyde Park. We lived between the Taylors, and i think the Buxtons, the others around us was the Jackson, coopers, Johnny Holland.......

I remember the Buxtons but I was only 4 years old when you moved house. My brother Bobo married Rita Stocks and they moved on to Hyde Park Terrace. I remember the Coopers too comes to think of it. I loved living on the Wybourn the people on Saunders Road were brilliant a proper community spirit, you dont seem to find that these days :mad:

My OH family are all off and still on the Wybourn, his dads side are the Carnalls (Joe) and his mums sides the Hackfords. The Carnalls are also related a few of the other families om here too.

I think I went to school with Joe Carnall? Not sure if he is related to me tho?

Archived