My Housing Benefit cut?

Has anyone alse experienced a HB cut (officially called a 'restriction')?

I simply moved flats last month, £5 difference in rent from a v.large bedsit, to a slightly smaller one- to within the same building(same facilities etc) and with the same landlord, with his permission, and provided all details to Capita (1st Point) promptly.

But Capita have cut my Housing Benefit ( C.Tax is inclusive with rent) by £70?

I am appealing as I think this is very wrong, but what on earth is going on?

If the LHA was £17.50 a week higher when you signed up, this would account for the difference. Ours has dropped from a high of £74 to £67.50 over the last year for shared accommodation. I'd imagine the LHA for higher bedroomed would have been reduced by more.

If the LHA was £17.50 a week higher when you signed up, this would account for the difference. Ours has dropped from a high of £74 to £67.50 over the last year for shared accommodation. I'd imagine the LHA for higher bedroomed would have been reduced by more.

So my HB (bedsit, not shared) cut is due to recent Council/Government cuts and alot of folks have received these letters? I'm still appealing, I'm stubborn.:hihi:

Has anyone alse experienced a HB cut (officially called a 'restriction')?

I simply moved flats last month, £5 difference in rent from a v.large bedsit, to a slightly smaller one- to within the same building(same facilities etc) and with the same landlord, with his permission, and provided all details to Capita (1st Point) promptly.

But Capita have cut my Housing Benefit ( C.Tax is inclusive with rent) by £70?

I am appealing as I think this is very wrong, but what on earth is going on?

That sounds wrong to me.

A couple of points though.

Most newish tenants are awarded LHA (Local Housing Allowance), this can be more or less than the old Housing Benefit and it could be that you've been moved from one to another.

LHA is based on the size of your household in most situations, has your household size changed as this could account for the drop.

So my HB (bedsit, not shared) cut is due to recent Council/Government cuts and alot of folks have received these letters? I'm still appealing, I'm stubborn.:hihi:

The cuts haven't come in yet so you shouldn't be affected yet.

LHA is based on the size of your household in most situations, has your household size changed as this could account for the drop.

My household is just myself, as before, and the room is barely noticeably smaller, hence the mere £5 drop in rent. Everything else- landlord, contracts, bills incl, etc is the same?

Capita are wrong, and they're going to get a rocket...

Capita are wrong, and they're going to get a rocket...

Your in for it now buster.

Have you heard what they did to the man who twitted that he'd blow up Robinhood airport as a joke.

The FBI are going to be monitoring you now, you mentioned the R word, it's all about terrorism these days, sells newspapers.

Your in for it now buster.

Have you heard what they did to the man who twitted that he'd blow up Robinhood airport as a joke.

The FBI are going to be monitoring you now, you mentioned the R word, it's all about terrorism these days, sells newspapers.

I think you meant twittered didn't you?:D

Archived