Stew Winter is coming

When I was child my surrogate grandmother used to make Rabbit Pie, it was delicious.

I have never eaten any since I was about 10, or come to think about it, seen any rabbits on sale anywhere.

She also used to have marathon bread making days.

Her entire kitchen used to be filled with bowls of rising dough, then it was baking time.

When she had done there was enough to feed an army.

Half the street used to be fed on those days.:D

We've already had a stew or two: lamb with dumplings and lentils - delish, goulash with dumplings - yum. I also love venison pie. Tonight it's smoked lardons and butternut squash risotto.

Not bothering with owt to eat then? :hihi:

Mrs Handypandy does dumplings like I never had before. She drains some of the gravy into a large casserole dish, puts the dumplings in so they are not submerged and does them in the oven. They come out all crusty on the top. They are reeaaally good !

That's how I do mine ........ I also add mustard and grated mature cheese to the dumpling mix (not from a packet) and they are delish ........... one of my few perfect dishes I can make lol

Archived