• Burngreave
    • Parson Cross
    • Wincobank
    • Manor Park
    • Darnall
    • Woodthorpe
    • City Centre

Originally posted by kittykat

....being a presumptuous person id say none of us would turn down the opportunity of swapping our houses with one in ecclesall, fulwood or dore so lets not lie.

You are presumptuous and also very wrong. The areas you mention are not ones in which I would choose to live.

Originally posted by MichaelTravis

This might sound like a daft question, but I've never done this walk and would like to: which direction do you go in - towards Parkway (I imagine this is correct) or the other way?.

Thanks

Just go in by the Victoria Quays entrance opposite the bottom of Division St. and the canal starts there. You can only walk in one direction from here and it should take about 3-4 hours if you stroll.

Bit scruffy in places, but well worth it for history, wildlife and quiet.

Watch out for anglers on banks though, and their litter!

Plenty of buses back into Sheff.

In fact this is one walk whereby you are never more than 4 mins. from a bus or tram stop if you get fed up, although once you get beyond Tinsley viaduct you may have to walk further for a bus.

Hope you enjoy it MT.

I`m glad to see someone is proud of where they live.I too am very proud to say I was born and bred on The Manor.Although I now live in London I have nothing but fond memories of 22years on the Manor.

Originally posted by Chloe

At the end of the day.. it's all personal preference. I personally wouldn't want to live anywhere other than where I live right now on 'The Manor'. (Where we're ALL so called YOBS!) Listen here you, don't tar us all with the same brush!! I don't give a damn where you live whether it be Ecclesall, Totley, Dore wherever. You all have the same MINORITY who deliberately go round causing trouble!! The MAJORITY of people around here are decent people so please don't go calling us all for the stupidity of just a few. It's not fair.

Chloé

Archived