• Arbourthorne
    • Burngreave
    • Parson Cross
    • Wincobank
    • Manor Park
    • Darnall
    • Woodthorpe
    • City Centre

My vote has to go to Arbourthorne. I once got the wrong tram and got off at arbourthorne and it was awful. I was stuck opposite a big, ugly block of flats waiting for the correct tram and it was just so depressingly run down in every direction i looked.

That would have been Norfolk park not Arbourthorne.

Now now, don't throw your teddies out of the cot. We're all entitled to express our thoughts, though preferably in a reasonably controlled fashion, not stooping to personal insult (usually the sign of the intellectually challenged who can't deal with views that conflict with their own). By the way my friend, I expect I pay more in tax than you gross :hihi: .

And your point is........................?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

just felt I had to throw something into this debate, as it apears to be getting a little heated, it's obviously a subject thats close to peoples hearts.

I lived on Lowedges for a while, then recently moved up the road to Bradway and I couldn't beleive how friendlier people were. It's like a small village, everybody says hello to each other when passing in the street which is something I wouldn't have dreamed of on Lowedges.

I would have to completely disagree that these areas are soleless, having not lived on any of the estates mentioned I can't really comment, but with out question Bradway has a much bigger community spirit than Lowedges/Batemoor where I lived previously - plus I feel safe going out after dark too!

tom-- one day u going to have to give the house up when u stop squatting ps only kidding

• 2 years later...
I don't need statistics! The kids parents give em money to get the stuff!! I have friends who go to that school. Also, changing the subject ever so slightly, can't the kids at these schools get a bus home like other kids?? I'm sick to death of sitting on the bus for a whole hour while some parent comes rushing back to their car (phone and briefcase in hand) after looking for their kid.. all after they've parked their cars behind the COACHES that have to pick them up. When I was at school, I caught the bus there and back and got home much quicker than those who wait around for parents.

Chloé

Chloe? If you look at some of the stuff your typing and read it in a non biased way(difficult i know) you come across as someone with a very large inferiority complex. Some stuff i picked up on was your Silverdale drug issue. If these kids are so high on drugs why is the school getting such high results? If your right then maybe all the schools should be dropping pills like Silverdale.

Working at mo on the Manor and went for a fish lunch....Woman outside fishy must have been about 20 with a kid. She told the kid to "get the F*** back in the pram before I slap you ya little B***ard. All he did was get out the pushchair!

And your quite right...there are some wonderful people on the Manor. I wouldn't live there tho...not because of the people but that constant flying helicopter and police sirens :(

Archived