• Burngreave
    • Parson Cross
    • Wincobank
    • Manor Park
    • Darnall
    • Woodthorpe
    • City Centre

Originally posted by "alchresearch"

The worst area is the one which t020 lives in!

Ho ho ho. Get real though. If i had few hundred thousand quid to spend on a house theres absolutely NO WAY id go live in somewhere like the manor just cos its got a 'good sense of community' and all the people are scrubbers so they dont 'look down on anyone' (cos theres no-one lower TO look down on!) no, they just bloody graffiti everywhere and mug people instead. Snobs or yobs. hmmmm tough decision.

Originally posted by "steelblade"

You are quite right maxt.

Even If I won the lottery I wouldn't want to live Dore and Fullwood etc....

There are too many tupney (sp) bit millionaires as my dear old nan would say.

Give me a working class area everytime.

Hmmm. Leafy affluent suburbs Vs run down council estates.

Don't give me a working class area anytime.

Originally posted by "Mike"

Don't give me a working class area anytime.

Are you a troll, or just a snob?

a what now? i was flipping around what steelblade said. besides, why don't you quote some of the stuff others have said that are much more 'snobby' than that. oh yeah, forgot, u like to pick on stuff i say more.

Originally posted by "t020"

why don't you quote some of the stuff others have said that are much more 'snobby' than that

Such as?

Originally posted by "t020"

oh yeah, forgot, u like to pick on stuff i say more.

Now now, don't get paranoid :D

Originally posted by "kittykat"

If i had few hundred thousand quid to spend on a house theres absolutely NO WAY id go live in somewhere like the manor just cos its got a 'good sense of community' and all the people are scrubbers so they dont 'look down on anyone' (cos theres no-one lower TO look down on!) no, they just bloody graffiti everywhere and mug people instead. Snobs or yobs. hmmmm tough decision.

such as that, what r u blind? as much as i agree with what she's saying

Originally posted by "maxt"

I think you need a few more candidates such as Dore, Fulwood, Ecclesall, Totley. These areas always strike me as soul-less with a large proportion of their population consisting of people who look down on other areas of the city.

There is a good case for transferring these areas out of Sheffield.

IMHO, that is.

I had to reply to this one, but firstly I voted other as I think the Wybourn is the worst area.

Maxt I resemble your remarks :D

Firstly I live in one of the areas you class as soulless, I think you are generalising here a bit.

I was born in a council house, I have lived in some of the areas quoted as the worst areas in Sheffield. Up until recently my mum lived on the Wybourn and my Dad still lives at Basegreen.

Just because I have done OK and chosen to live in a decent area doesn't make me souless.

I know you said a large proportion of the population, but I think its more like a small proportion who may look down on those who are not so fortunate.

mikey :D:D

Mikey, that's a problem with discussion forums, you are bound to upset someone. I try very hard, well a bit, not to upset too many people.

It's not the people I find soul-less, it's the area. I was brought up in leafy suburbdom, lived in less salubrious areas and now live in Walkley, albeit in a detached house. My point being that I have lived in most types of area and still prefer where I am now.

I also think that using 'best' & 'worst' to describe areas is a bit elitist. If you could pose the question: 'given your current financial situation in which area would you prefer to live' I'm sure that you would recieve a more balanced view.

Or maybe I'm talking b*****ks, it has been known.

PS Did you enjoy the fencing?

I know its always difficult to not upset someone, I see what you mean about soulless, but I still disagree, Dore has one of the best community spirits of any area I have lived in, culminating in the Dore Festival week.

Where there are plays, talks, music concerts, a full day Gala and a finale of pop bands at the pubs on the Sat night.

PS Fencing was good, my coordination was not as good as I thought, it was more difficult than I imagined, but it was good.

PPS

Anyone fancy taking up Fencing, give Maxt a shout as he runs a very friendly club.

How's that for a plug

Archived