• Arbourthorne
    • Burngreave
    • Parson Cross
    • Wincobank
    • Manor Park
    • Darnall
    • Woodthorpe
    • City Centre

Well Dore and Totley used to be the upper class area's where business men, Even two judges lived. But it seems the class society lives on in Sheffield. What makes you think that everyone in Dore and Totley are all snobs. Those that do are not well aware of what happens in that area. Dore and Totley are no different now from any other area. They have problems just as much as all other area's. There is a lot of poverty in those area's also. I myself live in Shirecliffe. This area also had quite a lot of well off people and still does. We have like Dore and Totley have a certain part of the estate that makes the estate look bad. Dore and Totley do also. Social housing and the way that waiting lists were handled by previous housing departments up till the early 80's were responsible for many of today's problems and catagorising housing area's as where was the best place to live. It is this system that caused the formation ghetto's. Dore and Totley have always been Conservative from the early days. People voted this way because parents did. Now this has changed. Just has Attercliffe and the east end of Sheffield was Labour. Class society and Post Code Lotteries still exist. If a person living in Dore and Totley asked to be housed in a Council House, They would not wait long. If anyone from North or east Sheffield wanted a Council House they would now be on a waiting list for years. Then they would be offered a house or flat in a run down bad area of Sheffield. It is the system that is wrong. I know many people in Dore that find life difficult they are not snobs. But they are proud of where they live, No matter where they live they would still be proud. It is the fact that people run down the area's where they live that make people think some estates are worse than others. I am proud to live in Shirecliffe despite all it's faults. Where I live my neighbours are great and clean. The outsides of our homes are kept clean whether or not we are council or private. We make our own area's good or bad. We have the power to change how we live.

got my van broke into at Arbourthorne. bearing in mind id not left anything "in view" because you would have to look into the window and onto the floor to see anything. got £400 test equipment nicked. left it for ten mins. do the maths. no such thing as bad luck. just an estate full of theiving scum bag kids. good job i didnt catch them at it !!! so on that basis Arbourthorne is the worst place i would like to find myself. i just hope they o.d on the drugs they buy. tough life isnt it......

Hot on the heels of 'What is Sheffields BEST area?' comes the sequel, 'What is Sheffields WORST area?'. Vote now! 8)

i live in a area of Sheffield what as be cum a ghetto throe privet land lords and the Sheffield city council letting all the scroungers of europe to cum and do what they want in a area what used to be nice

How many people have put Manor down cos they've heard it's the 'worst estate in Britain'? That's not on. :lol:

You're far more likely to have a dangerous encounter in Burngreave or Pitsmoor...

I've sampled the delights of living in all of these places. Actually, during my 'desperate domiciles' stage, I preferred Manor to the others. :P

I would agrre that the Manor is not as bad as peope think it is. Dont get me wrong, it has it's shatre of rogues, but there are worse areas.

I would agrre that the Manor is not as bad as peope think it is. Dont get me wrong, it has it's shatre of rogues, but there are worse areas.

Indeed, I used to live in Grimsby in my student years, and back then the area called Nunsthorpe in Grimsby was reputed to be ROUGHER than the Manor.

i live in a area of Sheffield what as be cum a ghetto throe privet land lords and the Sheffield city council letting all the scroungers of europe to cum and do what they want in a area what used to be nice

is this post a wind up did you ever attend school ? whats a privet landlord some one who rents out bushes.spell check in the tick sign with abc on top .

Archived