• Arbourthorne
    • Burngreave
    • Parson Cross
    • Wincobank
    • Manor Park
    • Darnall
    • Woodthorpe
    • City Centre

I think you need a few more candidates such as Dore, Fulwood, Ecclesall, Totley. These areas always strike me as soul-less with a large proportion of their population consisting of people who look down on other areas of the city.

There is a good case for transferring these areas out of Sheffield.

IMHO, that is.

Most of the people who live in these areas aren't even from Sheffield they are either students or generic middle class/upper class people who just moved there to have a nice surburban home near the countryside or because it was cheaper at the time than other cities! They don't have a clue about what Sheffield is really like! They might as well be living in some village in Derbyshire!

hi all i was born and bred on the wybourn ok it as a bad name but you could not wish for more nicer people .ive also lived on the arbourthorne same again nice people .

live at heeley bottom and again nice people .

some of my family live on the the manor once again nice people . the trick is to keep your self to your self ok be sivel and say morning and so on . but know where to draw the line .dont get traped in the he said she said crap and you will be ok . i would love to go back on the wybourn they was such real people what saw was what you get , i miss it .the only thing stoping me is my job and to faraway from my grand kids .

I think you need a few more candidates such as Dore, Fulwood, Ecclesall, Totley. These areas always strike me as soul-less with a large proportion of their population consisting of people who look down on other areas of the city.

There is a good case for transferring these areas out of Sheffield.

IMHO, that is.

So, what you are saying is 'soulful' comes in the form of council concrete and crime? Very smart opinions you appear to have........

Why dislike or have a dim opinion on places like Dore & the Hallam district? with all the old beautiful houses and Totley with all the greenery around :huh: seems jealous reigns with some people!

I live in the Dore and Totley area and would prefer it if people who dislike it because of judgemental reasons, stay in their own areas like 'the Cross'....so aptly named. My car insurance is next to nothing, I feel safe, no-ones ever given me any crime of any nature and it's green, pleasant and nice. Call us up 'our own *****' but I would have a house in S17 than a council house on an estate like Parsons cross or the Manor ANYDAY.....oh wait:....I do already!!!!!!!!

hi all i was born and bred on the wybourn ok it as a bad name but you could not wish for more nicer people .ive also lived on the arbourthorne same again nice people .

live at heeley bottom and again nice people .

some of my family live on the the manor once again nice people . the trick is to keep your self to your self ok be sivel and say morning and so on . but know where to draw the line .dont get traped in the he said she said crap and you will be ok . i would love to go back on the wybourn they was such real people what saw was what you get , i miss it .the only thing stoping me is my job and to faraway from my grand kids .

So all in all, you say the majority of the people on the Manor and Arbouthorne are nice? (nice :huh:) Perhaps you don't see or hear what others do.

I don't agree, the incidents I have had with crime and people is on areas like these not the west side of Sheffield!

Most of the people who live in these areas aren't even from Sheffield they are either students or generic middle class/upper class people who just moved there to have a nice surburban home near the countryside or because it was cheaper at the time than other cities! They don't have a clue about what Sheffield is really like! They might as well be living in some village in Derbyshire!

Hey idiot, Dore is as much a part of Sheffield as Darnall. Do you think that south Sheffield people never leave the districts that they live in? I wager that I know far more about the entirety of my city than a chip on shoulder clown like you.

Students, generic middle class/upper class people, are you having a laugh or are you just stupid? You clearly know where the south of Sheffield is (opposite of north if you are struggling), is it that you can't afford to live there?

Yes I like to be close to the Peak National Park, what's wrong with that? I do actually intend to move to a village in Derbyshire, something wrong with that is there?

Cheaper than what cities, London, New York or Paris perhaps? Do you ever get your head from up your backside and look around? South West Sheffield has never been cheap to buy property in, when we bought our detached wreck for £12,400 we could have bought a larger pristine property in the North of Sheffield for less money.

I have lived on The Manor, Gleadless, Norfolk Park and now live in one of the districts that you hate, moved here in 1976 and have never regretted it. The only trouble is that everyone moving in now appears to be one of the new elite public sector employees. I stopped using my local years ago because of their inverted snobbery, conversation revolved around their childrens education and their next pay rise or promotion, oh yes and the obligitory annual camping trip to France. It used to revolve around football, cricket, darts and snooker and the latest mucky joke but sadly not any longer.

Perhaps these are the folk that you have met and dislike so much, if so please accept my apologies if I have offended you, if not feel free to remain offended.

Hey idiot, Dore is as much a part of Sheffield as Darnall. Do you think that south Sheffield people never leave the districts that they live in? I wager that I know far more about the entirety of my city than a chip on shoulder clown like you.

Students, generic middle class/upper class people, are you having a laugh or are you just stupid? You clearly know where the south of Sheffield is (opposite of north if you are struggling), is it that you can't afford to live there?

Yes I like to be close to the Peak National Park, what's wrong with that? I do actually intend to move to a village in Derbyshire, something wrong with that is there?

Cheaper than what cities, London, New York or Paris perhaps? Do you ever get your head from up your backside and look around? South West Sheffield has never been cheap to buy property in, when we bought our detached wreck for £12,400 we could have bought a larger pristine property in the North of Sheffield for less money.

I have lived on The Manor, Gleadless, Norfolk Park and now live in one of the districts that you hate, moved here in 1976 and have never regretted it. The only trouble is that everyone moving in now appears to be one of the new elite public sector employees. I stopped using my local years ago because of their inverted snobbery, conversation revolved around their childrens education and their next pay rise or promotion, oh yes and the obligitory annual camping trip to France. It used to revolve around football, cricket, darts and snooker and the latest mucky joke but sadly not any longer.

Perhaps these are the folk that you have met and dislike so much, if so please accept my apologies if I have offended you, if not feel free to remain offended.

People like the 'clown' you are quoting there, probably don't have any appreciation of the peaks and countryside, they probably spend a lot of their time watching tv, drinking and swearing in front of their children.

I have just been reading the now closed 'Page Hall - Hell Hole Neighbourhood? thread and had to smile. There has also been one on muggings in the Shiregreen area and if I searched further I am sure that I would have found other similar threads.

So to all the South Sheffield knockers, this is why we choose to live here. And to the mods a suggestion, Why not have a seperate section for these people to post their rubbish on?

You could call it Dore Knocker. ;)

Oh, there are some very bitter people on here.

If you were born and brought up in a particular area, whether it be 'The Cross' or Dore you will think that is the best area and everywhere else is inferior.

I am one of those that went to Poly here and stayed on. I now live in Millhouses after living in Norfolk Park, Abbeydale and Greystones.

I like it here. I feel safe, my kids go to an excellent school and we have great facilities on our doorstep.

I've not lived in Parson Cross or the Manor so can't comment on them.

If you were born and brought up in a particular area, whether it be 'The Cross' or Dore you will think that is the best area and everywhere else is inferior.

only if you are narrow minded. where i live now is alot better than where i was born and brought up.

not turning my back on that area, just where i live now is better.

Oh, there are some very bitter people on here.

Exactly very bitter because some people out there are doing better than them.

From my experience of living in Ecclesall id agree with what some of said that there are a few who live here that are not from Sheffield. Moved up from the south mainly because it's cheaper or they have a partner who is from Sheffield. (Maybe they are the ones people find snobbish) The majority all they have done is got off their backside worked hard and moved here to create a better life for themselves. Alot started off on the Manor etc etc and now find themselves living round here. Who can blame them for wanting to move somewhere better if they have the money to do it.

Archived