• Burngreave
    • Parson Cross
    • Wincobank
    • Manor Park
    • Darnall
    • Woodthorpe
    • City Centre

Originally posted by "kittykat"

The worst area is the one which t020 lives in!

Ho ho ho. Get real though. If i had few hundred thousand quid to spend on a house theres absolutely NO WAY id go live in somewhere like the manor just cos its got a 'good sense of community' and all the people are scrubbers so they dont 'look down on anyone' (cos theres no-one lower TO look down on!) no, they just bloody graffiti everywhere and mug people instead. Snobs or yobs. hmmmm tough decision.

That isn't the question, kiddo. The question was about the worst estate, not which ones you don't want to live on. :roll:

It also didn't require juvenile insults about communities who aren't as well off as you presumably are.

Maybe learn to be a little more generous, eh? Even just using the word 'some' rather than 'all' would have been far less nasty.

Yes of COURSE im well off. I was brought up in one of rotherhams many fine mansions and attended one of its famous private schools. I know nothing about what crap areas and the people who live there are like.

As for the question what is sheffield WORST area - i would presume the one you regard the worst would be the one youd want to live in least.

At the end of the day.. it's all personal preference. I personally wouldn't want to live anywhere other than where I live right now on 'The Manor'. (Where we're ALL so called YOBS!) Listen here you, don't tar us all with the same brush!! I don't give a damn where you live whether it be Ecclesall, Totley, Dore wherever. You all have the same MINORITY who deliberately go round causing trouble!! The MAJORITY of people around here are decent people so please don't go calling us all for the stupidity of just a few. It's not fair.

Chloé

Nice to see Longley did,nt get into the worse areas bit, cause its a nice spot were i live.

However anyone who lives in a council area live there because we have no choice.

If finances were higher then we would all move to a nicer area, deep down i know it and you know it.

You don,t live on the Manor or Pitsmoor if your earning 100k a year because you can afford better, although i doubt that any council area has a resident earning anywhere near that amount so we have to live somewhere and thats a council area like it or not.

Given the choice i would not move to Dore or any other Hallam areas because if i earned big money or won the lottery the country side is were i would head for.

meanwhile i earn less than a quarter of that so i will stay in my private house on a council estate until my lottery numbers come up.

Hi everyone,

just felt I had to throw something into this debate, as it apears to be getting a little heated, it's obviously a subject thats close to peoples hearts.

I lived on Lowedges for a while, then recently moved up the road to Bradway and I couldn't beleive how friendlier people were. It's like a small village, everybody says hello to each other when passing in the street which is something I wouldn't have dreamed of on Lowedges.

I would have to completely disagree that these areas are soleless, having not lived on any of the estates mentioned I can't really comment, but with out question Bradway has a much bigger community spirit than Lowedges/Batemoor where I lived previously - plus I feel safe going out after dark too!

I had a pub in Sharrow and in the 18 months I lived there I experienced five broken windows, an arson attack, a rape in the car park, I was personally assaulted, several thefts from the premises, my car scratched, another car I had was broken into and constantly had smashed windows and it was an uphill fight to keep drugs off the premises.

I know that pubs attract a certain amount of trouble from time to time but this was continual. We even had a police raid once with a full SWAT team searching for drugs. Thankfully there weren't any there.

I think Sharrow is the worst part of Sheffield.

Forgot to mention that Sharrow has the highest number of burglaries in Sheffield and after the Manor has one of the highest unemployment rates.

Originally posted by "Classic Rock"

I had a pub in Sharrow and in the 18 months I lived there I experienced five broken windows, an arson attack, a rape in the car park, I was personally assaulted, several thefts from the premises, my car scratched, another car I had was broken into and constantly had smashed windows and it was an uphill fight to keep drugs off the premises.

I know that pubs attract a certain amount of trouble from time to time but this was continual. We even had a police raid once with a full SWAT team searching for drugs. Thankfully there weren't any there.

I think Sharrow is the worst part of Sheffield.

Forgot to mention that Sharrow has the highest number of burglaries in Sheffield and after the Manor has one of the highest unemployment rates.

agreed that sharrow is a very, very bad area.

i lived in sharrow a little while and thought it was ok. leafy and central, i've lived in worse places. but i didn't feel safe there i guess, not walking home after dark. i imagine thats what you mean by worst area though, right? where you could feel safe and not get beaten up or harrassed, or where there isnt too much graffiti or drugs, or where there isnt gangs of lads hanging about because theyve nothing better to do.

i'd have said pitsmoor was the worst area because its kind of scary. i dont know about working class or snobby, i dont care about class difference, my only thought is how safe you are and whether theres good transport links to elsewhere, and whether or not you see greenery out the window. i wouldnt mind living in dore, though i'd have to buy a bike i suppose! it'd be a bit boring. i like to live close to the action.

its all subjective though isnt it, it depends on what you look for. t020, what do you look for in an area?

i tell you what i don't look for in an area...i moved to london for a little while but hated it so much i left after only 2 months. i hate arrogance, people just walking right across you or shoving onto a train before you, not letting you past, always in more of a hurry than you, motorists not stopping when youre waiting at a zebra crossing, that sort of thing. i lived in an unpretentious, working class area (canning town) and worked on oxford street, but people weren't friendly or considerate. nowheres perfect, i know, but i've never found such rudeness to quite such a level anywhere outside of london, and i've lived in a lot of places in the u.k.

sorry, i should've said hi, i'm new. hope it's ok me just posting like this.

Archived