• Arbourthorne
    • Burngreave
    • Parson Cross
    • Wincobank
    • Manor Park
    • Darnall
    • Woodthorpe
    • City Centre

Hallam constituency is the richest area outside of London. THATS OFFICIAL, by the way. This tells me that more criminals live there than in Manor, Parson Cross etc.

The sort of money these snotty nosed types have cannot be earned by honest means.

They are not very bright either, they elected Nick Clegg................

I love that post......Uneducated and unknowing doesnt even come into it :D

I find this post very hard to believe. Who offers beer and dinner to a gasman or meter reader?

I wasn't a gas man, I was a saleswoman working on behalf of the energy suppliers. We worrked until 2000, knock on about 150 doors a day of which 30 whilst people are having/making/serving tea, often when I was signing these people up they would offer some with them. Everyone I signed up would offer a brew. In summer people would deffo offer you a beer and a sausage if they were having a bbq. And some older people wouldn't let me leave until they had made me some kind of packing up like a piece of fruit and a kit kat or something. And I only worked there about 4 month and experienced all that kindness. Nice people are out there. 1 woman tried to get me on a date with her son and another woman told me if I ever went in the shop she worked in she would give me staff discount, which she has. I was as pleasantly shocked as what you probably would be. It was a nice thing to learn :)

Well I have read through this thread and can honestly say it has made me feel like ****. :(

Yes, I live in a poor area, yes there's crime, there's drugs, but there are so, so, so many things that are better than when I lived in Broomhill.

We have an incredible mix of cultures, nationalities and languages here. We TALK to each other. We smile and say hello as we pass strangers. We know the staff in the local shops who always care about how you are.

I like where I live, mostly. It's far from perfect but there's enough of it for me to like, to stay here.

And yes, I can't afford to live anywhere else. But I'm here and I'm making the most of it.

Then I read people's comments about council housing. How can you make a judgement about ME based on my postcode? How can you tell me what it's like to live here when you're in ****ing Ecclesall.

Yes you have tree lined streets. Woo hoo.

I've lived in places with tree lined streets and never even had my next door neighbour say hello to me.

And YOU judge ME because of where I live? You make me feel like something you've trodden in because you're living on a different bus route (yes I use buses. I don't own a car. I can't afford one, and even if I could I wouldn't use one. They're awful things).

How dare you make me feel so bad about myself?

I moved from Ecclessall area to Gleadless Valley a few months ago. I don't have to live there, but its alright, and my asthma has improved being away from the Ecclesall Rd. I quite like living here in many ways. I still own my house in Greystones, but its cheap, green and quiet in the part of the valley I live.

I don't think I will go back, the people down here are fine. I haven't had a problem since coming to the valley - well, only remembering my new postcode and phone number.

I wasn't a gas man, I was a saleswoman working on behalf of the energy suppliers. We worrked until 2000, knock on about 150 doors a day of which 30 whilst people are having/making/serving tea, often when I was signing these people up they would offer some with them. Everyone I signed up would offer a brew. In summer people would deffo offer you a beer and a sausage if they were having a bbq. And some older people wouldn't let me leave until they had made me some kind of packing up like a piece of fruit and a kit kat or something. And I only worked there about 4 month and experienced all that kindness. Nice people are out there. 1 woman tried to get me on a date with her son and another woman told me if I ever went in the shop she worked in she would give me staff discount, which she has. I was as pleasantly shocked as what you probably would be. It was a nice thing to learn :)

Fair enough, I understand.

• 6 months later...

Alot of conflicting opinions about what people think is the best and worst area in Sheffield for whatever reason, so lets see what the forumers think! Whats your best and worst area in Sheffield, and for what reasons?

Best - Charnock, quiet friendly, rather a different area to others in the sense that Charnock homes quite a large amount of elderly people.

Worst - Now i would have said Park Hill, but the recent building work has made it look somewhat considerably better.. so I'll go for the Wybourne, simply because of its long history of crimes, now don't get me wrong, every area has crimes, but i see Wybourne as one of the biggest hotspots in Sheffield for crime.

How about you?

Archived