• Arbourthorne
    • Burngreave
    • Parson Cross
    • Wincobank
    • Manor Park
    • Darnall
    • Woodthorpe
    • City Centre

Seriously, this topic has seen done to death.

"Seek and ye shall find" etc...

Times change, too. As you'll know, Sheffield United are now below Sheffield Wednesday, it didn't always used to be like that ;)

Times change, too. As you'll know, Sheffield United are now below Sheffield Wednesday, it didn't always used to be like that ;)

I'd like to think you're not flogging a dead horse, so tell me, in YOUR opinion...

What areas of Sheffield have gone from bad to good since the last time this topic was raised?

What areas of Sheffield have gone from good to bad in that time?

I could name a few that have gone from bad to worse...

Being an Asian man, I thought buying my house on the Wybourn would have been a stupid mistake. I've lived there for 2 years now. You get a few yobs here and there and in the evening in summer, you're bound to get miscreants behaving in antisocial ways. Not at all terrible though, people are relatively friendly.

I went to Pagehall the other day, never again.

Best Areas: Dore, Totley, Greystones, Millhouses, Crosspool.

Worst: Arbourthorne, Wincobank, Pagehall, Lowedges, Firth Park, Westfield

I'd like to think you're not flogging a dead horse, so tell me, in YOUR opinion...

What areas of Sheffield have gone from bad to good since the last time this topic was raised?

What areas of Sheffield have gone from good to bad in that time?

I could name a few that have gone from bad to worse...

Lowedges and Jordanthorpe have certainly gone downhill in recent years, as has Norton/Greenhill.

I live in Lodge Moor - like it for the views and 'airy' feel, the greenery, schools, proximity to countryside and yet a stone's throw from town. You also feel part of the weather up there. However, if money was not an issue, I'd move to Ranmoor which has nicer houses (arguably), is leafier and has more of a village vibe.

Places I don't particularly like are the obvious contenders and it's the area and not the people I'm 'dissing' here: Page Hall, Manor, Pitsmoor and some of the townships are a bit bland.

I live in Lodge Moor - like it for the views and 'airy' feel, the greenery, schools, proximity to countryside and yet a stone's throw from town. You also feel part of the weather up there. However, if money was not an issue, I'd move to Ranmoor which has nicer houses (arguably), is leafier and has more of a village vibe.

Places I don't particularly like are the obvious contenders and it's the area and not the people I'm 'dissing' here: Page Hall, Manor, Pitsmoor and some of the townships are a bit bland.

The manor area has got some beautiful views if you are talking about the area and not the people, you could not be more wrong, and Pitsmoor have some of the friendliest people you could wish to meet.

The manor area has got some beautiful views if you are talking about the area and not the people, you could not be more wrong, and Pitsmoor have some of the friendliest people you could wish to meet.

...And some of the unfriendliest.. going by past history in that area.

Archived