• Parson Cross
    • Wincobank
    • Manor Park
    • Darnall
    • Woodthorpe
    • City Centre

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by alchresearch

So what is the name of the area of Ecclesall Road where the students live? Sharrow is the nearest place according to Ordnance Survey.

The 'proper' suburb of Ecclesall, which T020 said, is miles away, beyond Greystones and Brincliffe.

I lived just off Eccleshall Road (Southgrove Road) in the 70's and never regarded it as coming under any particular area. It was just Eccleshall Road, an area on it's own. It definitely isn't Eccleshall, which is miles away out near Bents Green.

I'm suprised no one voted for Park Hill.

The manor ain't that bad. One of me sisters friends lives on there and she says that at first she was broken into alot but now they just leave her alone and she's like one of the family.

Even so I still feel afraid walking around there. I do in quite a few places though.

Yup sorry to say it guys but I think that Dore and Totley are snobby. Actually Nether Edge used to be too. I'm not sure if it still is.

All I know is, I walked down to Hunter's Bar with my dogs yesterday and I smiled at the people down there and they look at you as if your trying to rob them!!

:loopy:

Geez if I was gonna kidnap someone I'd pick someone sexy for crying out loud!! :bigsmile:

Originally posted by Houdi

I lived just off Eccleshall Road (Southgrove Road) in the 70's and never regarded it as coming under any particular area. It was just Eccleshall Road, an area on it's own. It definitely isn't Eccleshall, which is miles away out near Bents Green.

Thank you! Where were you weeks ago when this debate was spiralling out of control? At last someone with common sense and local knowledge.

PS. Drop the 'h' in 'Eccleshall' - Ecclesall. :)

To be honest I wouldn't wanna live up the Eccelsall area anyhow. All that money for tiny houses dwarfed by busy roads and pollution?? Dosen't sound groovy to me.

Remember though Pitsmoor was once posh ( just look at the style of the houses ) and what areas are considered posh change.

So I guess they is no good or bad area. All areas - even mine - will be posh one day. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by New Age

To be honest I wouldn't wanna live up the Eccelsall area anyhow. All that money for tiny houses dwarfed by busy roads and pollution?? Dosen't sound groovy to me.

Remember though Pitsmoor was once posh ( just look at the style of the houses ) and what areas are considered posh change.

So I guess they is no good or bad area. All areas - even mine - will be posh one day. :thumbsup:

Which tiny houses would they be? I live here, and I see what the houses are like. They are mainly average-large semi detached and detached houses, and there are also a fair few 'big' houses too. 'All that money' is justified when you consider the fact that there are no motorways or ring roads at all running anywhere near the area, being on the edge of the countryside, lower rates of crime and anti-social behaviour, lots of parks and tree lined roads, Sheffields better state schools, etc etc etc.

8) Nah Den Ace.......

Originally posted by t020

Which tiny houses would they be? I live here, and I see what the houses are like. They are mainly average-large semi detached and detached houses, and there are also a fair few 'big' houses too. 'All that money' is justified when you consider the fact that there are no motorways or ring roads at all running anywhere near the area, being on the edge of the countryside, lower rates of crime and anti-social behaviour, lots of parks and tree lined roads, Sheffields better state schools, etc etc etc.

Ecclesall may have been alright once upon a time, but it's gone down nick since then, my friend! It's got a bad reputation now!

Regards,

Spacehopper.

Archived